Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A review from an Owl

Owls

May 17, 2016
Ey up me Southern muckers

Just want to add a few friendly words following our Play-off battle.

You were very unlucky last night and played magnificently in the first half. I couldn't quite believe we made it to the break with the score at 1 1.

I think you are definitely going places with great facilities to match. You will be in the Premier League sooner rather than later.

We are a very good side on our day. Yesterday was always going to be a case of 'weathering the storm' and I think our game plan worked perfectly.

Most of you guys are writing us off against Hull and it will definitely will be a tough game.

In all four meetings against Brighton we haven't been at our very best. Having said that, we've played some cracking football elsewhere and have got enough quality to at least match Hull.

Since our relegation in 2000 we've been through some very tough times and it hasn't been easy being a Wednesday fan. We've stuck with the team in consistantly large numbers through thick and thin! Our proud Club needs to be in the Premiership and, whether it's in a fortnight or not, we are definitely on our way back.

Anyway good luck for next season and hard luck for last night.

Owls

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'm not writing you off against Hull, they're hardly the most exciting side going forward and you've shown you can defend. Could go either way.

Not sure how you got away from that first half level but somehow did enough to stay in it and kept us at arms length second half. Gutted we didn't have enough about us to get more goals.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

You were very unlucky last night and played magnificently in the first half. I couldn't quite believe we made it to the break with the score at 1 1.

I think you are definitely going places with great facilities to match. You will be in the Premier League sooner rather than later.

We are a very good side on our day. Yesterday was always going to be a case of 'weathering the storm' and I think our game plan worked perfectly.

Most of you guys are writing us off against Hull and it will definitely will be a tough game.

In all four meetings against Brighton we haven't been at our very best. Having said that, we've played some cracking football elsewhere and have got enough quality to at least match Hull.

Since our relegation in 2000 we've been through some very tough times and it hasn't been easy being a Wednesday fan. We've stuck with the team in consistantly large numbers through thick and thin! Our proud Club needs to be in the Premiership and, whether it's in a fortnight or not, we are definitely on our way back.

Owls

You were my tip for the play-off's and nothing's changed. Think potentially you can beat either Derby or Hull. I did think you'd be playing Burnley in the semi though....

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patreon
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
If you get past Hull then I wish you all the best in the premiership. I have no problem with Sheffield Wednesday as a club. You got the breaks in the play-offs but that is the nature of it sometimes I'm afraid.

Anyway as I said all the best

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Since our relegation in 2000 we've been through some very tough times and it hasn't been easy being a Wednesday fan.

Thanks for the sentiment, but trust me if you want to compare clubs going through tough times then Wednesday doesn't even come close to our journey !

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking

With respect, since our relegation in 1983 you would not believe what we have been through.

That aside, the best of luck to you. You received superb support when you were in the third tier and I wouldn't begrudge you promotion of it happens. We all want the best for our teams after all.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Since our relegation in 2000 we've been through some very tough times and it hasn't been easy being a Wednesday fan.

I'm sure you mean well, but can you imagine how absurd that would sound to a fan of say Torquay or Wrexham? And no, you don't 'need to be in the Premisership' any more than any other club up and down the league pyramid does. I can't stand the sense of entitlement amongst fans of certain clubs.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We played well against Wednesday for 45 minutes this season... we weren't good enough to beat them once.

I'm not having that at all. We were more than good enough to beat them last night. We didn't, but that doesn't mean we weren't good enough to. On another day they're 4 or 5 down at half-time having been completely blown away.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'm not having that at all. We were more than good enough to beat them last night. We didn't, but that doesn't mean we weren't good enough to. On another day they're 4 or 5 down at half-time having been completely blown away.

I agree with you, perhaps I didn't word it very well. We played very well in that 45 minutes, well enough to win many a game. Over the course of 4 games though, we didn't beat them once. Have to give some credit to Wednesday.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Writing you off?

I hope your boys play them off the park! Hull is a dull team, boring as ****. If I had to choose between the 3 other teams, it would have been Wednesday (provided we went up auto)...

Your opinion.

This is superb, exemplifies people having hissy fits because someone doesn't agree with them. Trump up the "opinion" card.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I've done something I've never done before and posted on another club's thread tonight. I think it's all part of the unraveling of my mind after last night's trauma. Anyway, I popped a congratulatory note on OwlsTalk. We've been underdogs all season and now they are. I hope they do it. They are a well supported club and have got where they are now without Premier League moolah to date.

A lot of nice stuff has come back. It's easy to be magnanimous when you've won obviously but they could have flamed me. Amidst the love-in I particularly liked the following...

"I don't know how we survived that first half. I've been watching us for over 30 years and I've never seen anything like it."

That just makes me feel a bit better. It seemed incredible from our side of the fence but it's good to know an opposition fan saw it the same way.

Sigh! Onwards...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yesterday was always going to be a case of 'weathering the storm' and I think our game plan worked perfectly.
To be honest, it didn't, you just got lucky. It can't have been your game plan to face that many shots, and you only scored because the linesman didn't see the foul on Dunk.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

Owls

Really? I do find it amazing that anyone would come on a Brighton forum and talk about their 'tough times'.

Other than that, thanks for the kind words.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here