Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Clubs eye Calderon after Brighton exit'

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I can understand not giving him a playing contract but surely keeping him here on the coaching staff is something we should be looking to do? He does so much for AITC and is clearly an admired and respected member of the dressing room. Feels like we'd be making a mistake letting him go completely.

EDIT: Hadn't considered he may want to continue playing. Also, please don't go Calde.

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
I can understand not giving him a playing contract but surely keeping him here on the coaching staff is something we should be looking to do? He does so much for AITC and is clearly an admired and respected member of the dressing room. Feels like we'd be making a mistake letting him go completely.

He may well not be ready to go in to coaching. He probably has a good two years playing left in him i'd have thought at a lower champ/ league one level.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

Maybe he wants to play for a couple more years ?!

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch

If he is being offered first team football he might not want to be a coach here just yet....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

What if he wants to carry on playing? I don't know if he does, but all stories of the great man suggest he just loves playing football, so it might not be a great surprise if he wants to continue his playing career for as long as he can.

Whether he'd want to move away from Sussex is another thing, so you'd think it would need to be a club within commutable distance.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No great surprise, I'm sure we'll get the full details of the retain list very soon - although I suspect only Bruno and Rea will get new deals.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
What if he wants to carry on playing? I don't know if he does, but all stories of the great man suggest he just loves playing football, so it might not be a great surprise if he wants to continue his playing career for as long as he can.

Whether he'd want to move away from Sussex is another thing, so you'd think it would need to be a club within commutable distance.

Crawley just come into cash , wouldn't have to move

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

It wouldn't be our choice to make though. If Calde wants to keep playing, and I'm sure he does, then he will know he needs to find a club where he's needed. You are a long time retired, and he won't want to quit two years early, just to take a (significantly lower paid) non-playing job.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton

If he wants to continue playing football on a regular basis, he won't be doing it here so a move is inevitable.

I have no doubt that when he's finished playing he'll be back and doing his coaching badges. We've got a big shiny training facility and a host of youngsters just waiting for the passion, commitment and professionalism of Calde to be instilled in them.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Hopefully he could coach here one day as he's popular with the fans and has been passionate about the club, but he still has some steam left in him and it's really down to what he wants to do. We all want what's best for Caldy.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Leyton Orient. He can pal up with Coxy.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Personally I was disappointed he didn't get any game time last night, he would have given the crowd another lift near the end and we know he would have given his all as he has always done.

Plus he does have a knack of being in the right place at the right time in the opposition's penalty area.

I'm sure if he does go he will be back one day in a non-playing capacity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here