Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First team since the First World War....

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
...to only lose five games in a season (a new club record, btw) and not be promoted from the second tier of English football.

HoveSaint

Nov 19, 2011
...to only lose five games in a season (a new club record, btw) and not be promoted from the second tier of English football.

well, that's something to write home about!

Sounds like those useless stats that commentators are always coming up with:

"And if Lobotomy Wonderers score in the 38th minute from a deflected cross it will be only the 13th time they have scored between the 30th and the 40th minute from a deflected cross since the Chairman's daughter fell off her pony and broke her collarbone."

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

"And if Lobotomy Wonderers score in the 38th minute from a deflected cross it will be only the 13th time they have scored between the 30th and the 40th minute from a deflected cross since the Chairman's daughter fell off her pony and broke her collarbone."

Usually John Motson. A man who should have retired many years ago.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

It's nothing like the same, you prat.

The fact is we only lost five games. It's over 100 years since a team that good hasn't gone up - clearly shows how unlucky we were not to get promoted.

HoveSaint

Nov 19, 2011
It's nothing like the same, you prat.

The fact is we only lost five games. It's virtually 100 years since a team that good hasn't gone up - clearly shows how unlucky we were not to get promoted.

no need to be offensive. Try and keep it civil, dear.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

What the **** are you doing posting on a Brighton messageboard as a Southampton fan? Thanks for your contribition, now **** off.

You may not realise some of us are not in the best of moods today. And I've always ******** hated your team.

HoveSaint

Nov 19, 2011
What the **** are you doing posting on a Brighton messageboard as a Southampton fan? Thanks for your contribition, now **** off.

You may not realise some of us are not in the best of moods today. And I've always ******** hated your team.

well aren't you a pleasant fellow. I have reported your obscenity. If you care to take a look at my recent messages I have been none other than friendly and supportive. As a resident of Hove I have only ever wanted good things for the Albion. Clearly you are one of NorthStandChat's 'special people'. Every board has them, but most people on here are polite and well mannered. You should take a leaf out of their book.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
well aren't you a pleasant fellow. I have reported your obscenity. If you care to take a look at my recent messages I have been none other than friendly and supportive. As a resident of Hove I have only ever wanted good things for the Albion. Clearly you are one of NorthStandChat's 'special people'. Every board has them, but most people on here are polite and well mannered. You should take a leaf out of their book.

Couldn't care less, mate. Not in the mood for fans of other clubs coming on here and taking the piss.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
well aren't you a pleasant fellow. I have reported your obscenity. If you care to take a look at my recent messages I have been none other than friendly and supportive. As a resident of Hove I have only ever wanted good things for the Albion. Clearly you are one of NorthStandChat's 'special people'.
What does 'special people' mean?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Err, no it doesn't. It's another illustration of how unlucky we've been this year.

Your inability to grasp the point being made by the OP and v. feeble attempt at humour just comes across as provocative.

HoveSaint

Nov 19, 2011
Err, no it doesn't. It's another illustration of how unlucky we've been this year.

Your inability to grasp the point being made by the OP and v. feeble attempt at humour just comes across as provocative.

Or, if you look at it another way it shows just how good the other two teams who finished above you were. Statistics can always be bent to show whatever you want. Why 5 loses? Why not 6? Or 4? Why the first world war? Why not the Falklands war? Or The second world war?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill

tong1.jpg

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Or, if you look at it another way it shows just how good the other two teams who finished above you were. Statistics can always be bent to show whatever you want. Why 5 loses? Why not 6? Or 4? Why the first world war? Why not the Falklands war? Or The second world war?

Because that's how many we lost you utter plank.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Well this is going well

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Because that's how many we lost you utter plank.

Thank you for spelling it out for him Tarpon

Statistics can always be bent to show whatever you want. Why 5 loses? Why not 6? Or 4? Why the first world war? Why not the Falklands war? Or The second world war?

Exactly, you failed to understand the point that the OP was making and you retorted with your own made up rather than bent statistics. And now you're doing it again.

My initial impression was that you were just a rather slow witted troll however, I now realise that I was wrong. You're really just an antagonistic v. thick arseh*le.

theboybilly

Usually John Motson. A man who should have retired many years ago.

You don't know what you're missing until it's gone. Motty is Motty, but for an old 'un like me he (like Barry Davies, David Coleman, Gerald Sindstadt and Hugh Johns) he is central to my football tv viewing life. I may or may not agree with what he says but I can't imagine football without him......same as golf and the great Peter Allis.

That did make me chuckle

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here