Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich financial difficulties

BhafcBlues

Mar 7, 2016
Brighton
Those fearing Norwich beings 'team to beat' next year could all change,
They've lost their sponsors - Aviva who will become official partners of the premier league. Their banking facility is also recorded as being maxed out, and are rumoured to be facing a financial crisis, which could see an imminent sale of players.

HoveSaint

Nov 19, 2011
They've lost their sponsors - Aviva who will become official partners of the premier league. Their banking facility is also recorded as being maxed out, and are rumoured to be facing a financial crisis, which could see an imminent sale of players.

Fear not. Delia will flog a few more million books about boiling eggs and all will be fine again.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
If true that is excellent news for us. An efficiently bankrolled Norwich would be formidable opposition next year.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I still think that they have a squad to be one of the favourites to get automatic promotion.

Did you actually read the opening post?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Where has all this come from as I've only seen it on TSF's Twitter account?

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
Lower PL and upper Champ clubs will be forming a queue for the likes of Redmond, Ruddy, Hoolahan, Klose, Naismith, Olsonn etc. If they needed to, they could raise a lot of money from just a few sales. And they would still have the core of an experienced promotion winning side and a decent manager to boot.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

They will replace Aviva having had months to line up replacement but obviously having been relegated the sponsorship money will be lower. The money issue does however make it difficult to hold onto existing squad. If they become a major selling club they will struggle and are likely to be in the lower half next season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lower PL and upper Champ clubs will be forming a queue for the likes of Redmond, Ruddy, Hoolahan, Klose, Naismith, Olsonn etc. If they needed to, they could raise a lot of money from just a few sales. And they would still have the core of an experienced promotion winning side and a decent manager to boot.

That was my view and with parachute payments look what Burnley did so add that to Norwich, Newcastle and Villa and you have potentially 3 promoted clubs with the majority of their existing squad.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
That was my view and with parachute payments look what Burnley did so add that to Norwich, Newcastle and Villa and you have potentially 3 promoted clubs with the majority of their existing squad.

True for the first two, but IMO there is no way on earth the Aston Villa will get promoted with the majority of their existing squad. They were the worst team in the Premier league by a long, long distance. They need a complete clear out, but they are broke.

I really can't see Norwich having too many problems financially judging by the Swiss Ramble blog. Admittedly it only covers up to 2015, but they had comparatively low levels of debt. Their sponsorship deal was pretty small too so it won't be a major loss for them. Aston Villa on the other hand are a complete basket case and totally reliant on Randy Lerner covering ongoing losses. He wants to sell but I can't see too many takers. If he pulls the plug then administration is not out of the question for them.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'd be surprised if there's much truth in this story, McNally I heard ran a tight ship. Don't think there is provision though to keep running annual loses though like us

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here