Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simon Cox released by Reading

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The difference between someone of his quality and what we've had, even at this level, is significant. He is stronger than you'd think, quicker than you think and is an unquestionably good finisher. What a signing he would be, and like Kayal, he would be cheaper than he should be. He's struggled at Reading but don't let that put anyone off, the man is Championship quality and in a team as strong as ours he would be goalbothering every game.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
The difference between someone of his quality and what we've had, even at this level, is significant. He is stronger than you'd think, quicker than you think and is an unquestionably good finisher. What a signing he would be, and like Kayal, he would be cheaper than he should be. He's struggled at Reading but don't let that put anyone off, the man is Championship quality and in a team as strong as ours he would be goalbothering every game.

We should not even consider Simon Cox. Firstly, he has been released by Reading. Secondly, he is rubbish. Can't believe you would berate Baldock like you do and then suggest Simon Cox. I assume you're joking.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Scores about 1 in 5 at Championship level, so we'd expect 8 from him in a season.

No thanks.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Trust me, there is no comparison between Cox and Baldock. Absolutely none at all - I've seen more of him than most on here, he's a quality striker who would score goals for us. Remember that Cardiff bombed out Rudy Gestede and he scored how many for Blackburn? Simon Cox would be the ideal horse for our particular course.

[YT]RIDuAYYdSBE[/YT]

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Fantastic at Swindon in League 1 and not been close to replicating that since. I don't suppose you watched him "more than most on here" when he was at Swindon perchance?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

Shit the bed, I'll have some of whatever you're smoking.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We finished third in Championship, not League 2.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Simon Cox is better than Baldock in every area, he'll go somewhere and score a lot of goals if he's given the patience and gametime that Baldock was here.

It's easy to mock, harder to put forward realistic suggestions.

BhafcBlues

Mar 7, 2016
Brighton
I'm sorry, but we finished 3rd in the championship, on the brink of promotion to the premier league ... Simon cox is not the bloody answer to get us over the line, he's been released from a shit mid table side, why on earth woild we waste time and money trying to bring him in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here