Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ethnic Cleansing

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Has [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] made a few tweaks on the board? Expected loads of Palace and Wednesday trolls on here this morning, but...... :tumble:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There have been quite a few Wednesday but they've all been pretty respectful

Amazed that Palace have kept away

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We've made a few changes to what happens when new people join NSC that dramatically reduces the amount of trolling everyone will see from them. A fair few have tried. They've all failed.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We've made a few changes to what happens when new people join NSC that dramatically reduces the amount of trolling everyone will see from them. A fair few have tried. They've all failed.
Good work if you've stopped some. I assumed there was no filter, as a new Wednesday fan has just started a new thread with his first post. Perhaps you just get to vet the posts first?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Good work if you've stopped some. I assumed there was no filter, as a new Wednesday fan has just started a new thread with his first post. Perhaps you just get to vet the posts first?

Yup. Reasonable posts will be allowed. Trolling and abuse will not.

I made the changes after the Middlesbrough game. In all the years I've been looking after NSC, I've never experienced a group of supporters who have attempted to be so abusive, vile and homophobic as Boro fans, and I include that lot in Croydon in that. Absolutely remarkable, in the worst way.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thanks, I appreciate it.

I made the changes after the Middlesbrough game. In all the years I've been looking after NSC, I've never experienced a group of supporters who have attempted to be so abusive, vile and homophobic as Boro fans, and I include that lot in Croydon in that. Absolutely remarkable, in the worst way.
Wow, I had no idea (regarding NSC, rather than the abuse at the game). Maybe you can keep a copy of all the posts and when we're all feeling better (in however many years it takes for us to get promoted) you can put them together in one post.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

Their local paper is still going on about us and trying to whip stuff up. It's quite incredible really. They're convinced that we think they don't deserve to be up. Really, really odd.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015

Not really much we can say to be honest. If we did take the pish some of you would take it as banter, the other half would run crying to the mods. All in all you have had a good season, you have surpassed expectations. If you keep that squad together then I would not bet against you going up next year :sick:

But in the spirit of good natured rivalry, I will leave you with this

71ojeUiXTnL._SL1280_.jpg

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
There have been quite a few Wednesday but they've all been pretty respectful

Can't speak for the others, but didn't see the point when your tolerance for banter would be at an all-time low.

Well done Chris H, you have a top manager and all round decent human being there.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011

what makes that even more bizarre is that they won - they were an awful lot

footballisareligion

May 8, 2016
Can I just ask.

Bozza are you basing your entire opinion of Middlesbrough fans off the 1 bad egg father/son combo & the crowd chant at the game?

I lurk on here regularly and haven't seen any homophobic comments from any Boro fans on here - do you have any examples or evidence?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Can't speak for the others, but didn't see the point when your tolerance for banter would be at an all-time low.

Well done Chris H, you have a top manager and all round decent human being there.

Del, as one of the more sensible Palace who come on here, if you hadn't got to the Cup Final, how would your season be viewed by the great unwashed, and would Pardew be on the scrap heap now?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can I just ask.

Bozza are you basing your entire opinion of Middlesbrough fans off the 1 bad egg father/son combo & the crowd chant at the game?

I lurk on here regularly and haven't seen any homophobic comments from any Boro fans on here - do you have any examples or evidence?

It wasn't one bad egg in Boro, it was a fair few. But, as I've said before, I would guess that most of those we encountered on our way back from the Riverside to our car in the car park behind the Holiday Inn Express had been in the pubs and not at the game itself. Others I know who walked back to town had similar experiences.

There was also a coach load of Albion fans who had stayed at the Holiday Inn overnight and had to return to their coach there after the game. Boro fans didn't cover themselves with glory there either. I've been told both by fans on that coach and the coach operator that it all got very unpleasant with bottles thrown at the Albion fans. Decent, ordinary fans who just wanted to get on their coach, start their long journey home and leave the town of Middlesbrough to enjoy its achievement.

From there, NSC became flooded with abuse. With most of our moderators either in Middlesbrough or travelling home, it was difficult to manage. A lot was unpleasant. The way we are now moderating new users means abusive posts are hard deleted - they never appear - no one beyond the moderator involved sees them.

It wasn't just on NSC though. Twitter and Facebook have been used extensively as well. It probably reached a new low at the end of last week when the NSC page shared a poem written by [MENTION=528]attila[/MENTION]. As we headed to Hillsborough and the Leppings Lane End, the poem was about how all of us are lucky because we go to football and we get to come home again, unlike the poor 96. It was putting it all into perspective. Boro fans even used this as a vehicle to be abusive and homophobic, such as this:

Screen Shot 2016-05-17 at 13.58.14.png

I would guess I've had to ban in excess of 100 Boro fans from the NSC Facebook page.

As I say, it has been quite extraordinary from my extensive experience.

I'm sure Boro has many thousands of thoroughly decent fans - we've had a couple on here. You do seem blessed with more than your fair share of the opposite unfortunately.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
They're unbelievable. I had a couple trolling on Twitter last night when all I'd said was I was proud of our team and we'd had another terrible decision go against us (a universally accepted FACT). "stop blaming everyone else" "stop being bitter, it's all your fault" etc

I asked why they care so much about us and just got a load of nonsense (although one admitted that we play good football and should go up next season, yeah thanks for that, now f**k off).

Why go searching for #BHAFC tweets the sad c***s?! Anyone would think that it was us who'd nicked second and gone up with their level of obsession and bile.

Lost any respect I had for that club, it's clearly not just "a few idiots". As Bozza's pointed out, it's LOADS of complete morons. :tosser:

AmexGold

Banned
Apr 22, 2014
Del, as one of the more sensible Palace who come on here, if you hadn't got to the Cup Final, how would your season be viewed by the great unwashed, and would Pardew be on the scrap heap now?

We're just being respectful - you've had a gut full I should imagine.

Obviously not a great second half of the season, but not many want Pardew out. The injuries have shown the paucity of our squad, so maybe a blessing in the long term.

If we were to beat United, then, yes, we'll be pretty happy.

Cheers.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not really much we can say to be honest. If we did take the pish some of you would take it as banter, the other half would run crying to the mods. All in all you have had a good season, you have surpassed expectations. If you keep that squad together then I would not bet against you going up next year :sick:

But in the spirit of good natured rivalry, I will leave you with this

View attachment 74819

And in the same spirit, we'll not get arsy about it, but we REALLY didn't 'choke' did we? Its not like we were top and blew it? We finished the season like an absolute train, winning 5 of our last 7, and unbeaten in months, before just running out of luck and fit players.

And nobody with a brain could have watched last night and accused us of 'choking' - we were magnificent.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
And in the same spirit, we'll not get arsy about it, but we REALLY didn't 'choke' did we? Its not like we were top and blew it? We finished the season like an absolute train, winning 5 of our last 7, and unbeaten in months, before just running out of luck and fit players.

And nobody with a brain could have watched last night and accused us of 'choking' - we were magnificent.

Nobody with a brain did watch last night, it was mainly Brighton fans :wink:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I'll bite.

The choking thing has done my nut in. We absolutely did not choke. Against Palace we did, but that was when this territory was still very new to us. The season against Derby we just weren't good enough and got deservedly battered. And this year we ended with a bout of terrible luck and the best attacking half of football I can remember. The general trolling from Boro, Burnley, Wednesday and Palace has really surprised me.

Why 3 teams in the best league on earth would bother to even comment on a football league post about plucky little Brighton is beyond me.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here