Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Respect From The North

Bird Of The North

May 17, 2016
Hello Seagulls, another Owl in peace...

That first half your lads served up last night was quite brutal watching for a Wednesdayite.

Fantastic energy matched with brilliant, incisive football... we could easily been harried into complete collapse.

Your players also seem to have a bit of nastiness about them, which is no bad thing in a football team.
(And to be truthful, I wish my team had a little more cynicism when required...).

Obviously, the instruction from Mr.Hughton was to go straight for the jugular and not let Wednesday settle.

Any chance to draw a foul (or something that looked like a foul...) around the box was taken, leading to some v.dangerous set pieces.

Your fans were also magnificent, as they'd also been in the second half at Hillsborough to be fair.

Obviously, at actual matches all the bitter, moaning, "poor unlucky cheated Brighton" lot on here are outnumbered by more positive souls.

Which is good!

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
We'll be back stronger next season, our players looked distraught, that speaks a thousand words to me, they're here because they want to be not for the money, they will learn and use it to their advantage next season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Obviously, at actual matches all the bitter, moaning, "poor unlucky cheated Brighton" lot on here are outnumbered by more positive souls.
Nope, we're the same people.

Obviously I feel cheated by poor referees and an even worse FA, but that doesn't mean I won't cheer our team on. They've been magnificent all season.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Hello Seagulls, another Owl in peace...

That first half your lads served up last night was quite brutal watching for a Wednesdayite.

Fantastic energy matched with brilliant, incisive football... we could easily been harried into complete collapse.

Your players also seem to have a bit of nastiness about them, which is no bad thing in a football team.
(And to be truthful, I wish my team had a little more cynicism when required...).

Obviously, the instruction from Mr.Hughton was to go straight for the jugular and not let Wednesday settle.

Any chance to draw a foul (or something that looked like a foul...) around the box was taken, leading to some v.dangerous set pieces.

Your fans were also magnificent, as they'd also been in the second half at Hillsborough to be fair.

Which is good!

Lovely post, and what a fantastic game last night. In the cold light of day still hard to take the way that lady luck really turned against us in the last three games.

One minor point - your team needs more cynicism... REALLY!?? Did you notice Westwood reading a novel before taking his goal kicks? And, that little lump Hooper jumping into our centre halves to win fouls when "challenging" for headers?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Lovely post, and what a fantastic game last night. In the cold light of day still hard to take the way that lady luck really turned against us in the last three games.

One minor point - your team needs more cynicism... REALLY!?? Did you notice Westwood reading a novel before taking his goal kicks? And, that little lump Hooper jumping into our centre halves to win fouls when "challenging" for headers?

Actually, given the situation, I didn't think Westwood was that bad. We've seen worse in less important scenarios. Obviously I was booing like a looney and calling him all the names under the sun yesterday though.

Forestieri's a cheating, niggly **** though. Which is a bit of a shame, because he's a fine, fine player.

Bird Of The North

May 17, 2016
Actually, given the situation, I didn't think Westwood was that bad. We've seen worse in less important scenarios. Obviously I was booing like a looney and calling him all the names under the sun yesterday though.

Forestieri's a cheating, niggly **** though. Which is a bit of a shame, because he's a fine, fine player.

Hiya spring hall convert,

Obvs. I'm a Wednesdayite, so my view maybe partly obscured by blue and white specs, but I didn't notice much cheating by Fernando last night.

In general, would you honestly say he was any more of a diver than Knockaert..?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

Obvs. I'm a Wednesdayite, so my view maybe partly obscured by blue and white specs, but I didn't notice much cheating by Fernando last night.

Yes I would but I accept your point, Knocky has the same air of cynicism to his game. Some observers call those type of players 'clever.'

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Actually I would ..he does seem to like grass a lot..but I get your overall point

Bird Of The North

May 17, 2016
Frankly I loathe these faux-sincere 'congratulations for losing' posts.

Hello Sways,

I wasn't giving you congrats for losing, just praising your team and fans.

Don't get the bitter thing... I very much like Brighton as a town, and I wouldn't have said moaning was a local characteristic.

cattlin'srockshop

Nov 15, 2007
where no-one can find me
Interesting how we see our teams. Methinks we haven't anything to teach this Wednesday team in terms of cynicism!

Having said that, I studied/lived in Sheffield for 5 years and saw Wednesday many times. It is a city and club I have long had a great deal of affection for and I trust you will go on to win the final. Two fine games and two fantastic atmospheres. I was hugely proud of our support last night while Hillsborough was jumping and a sight to behold last Friday.

We were brilliant last night, and that first half will live long in the memory.The future is bright for us. Up the Albion!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Interesting how we see our teams. Methinks we haven't anything to teach this Wednesday team in terms of cynicism!

Having said that, I studied/lived in Sheffield for 5 years and saw Wednesday many times. It is a city and club I have long had a great deal of affection for and I trust you will go on to win the final. Two fine games and two fantastic atmospheres. I was hugely proud of our support last night while Hillsborough was jumping and a sight to behold last Friday.

We were brilliant last night, and that first half will live long in the memory.The future is bright for us. Up the Albion!

This with bells on.

We were brilliant, but Wednesday held us at bay. Still gutted.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Classic opposing fans having different views. I thought Forrestieri spent much of last night diving and your players were committing numerous cynical fouls all night. How Westwood wasn't booked for time wasting from the first minute is beyond me and your number 20 (Lee?) committed a number of fouls yet never got spoken to by the referee.

The really frustrating thing from my point of view though is we weren't given a fair go at you. I genuinely believe we'd have beaten you over two legs without all the injuries at Hillsborough but obviously we will never know. Even last night we had real momentum until, in my view, a clear foul by Hooper led to your goal. In the second half, to be fair to Wednesday, you did a job on us but I think putting in all that effort in the first half and not leading at half time was probably a real killer for us.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Hello Sways,

Don't get the bitter thing... I very much like Brighton as a town, and I wouldn't have said moaning was a local characteristic.

I agree with him entirely, this sentimental bollox is little more than posturing

FWIW I've a long held loathing for your club, the right of entitlement is right up there with the best of them all, Leeds.

I very much hope that Hull do you over and you return to mid table obscurity

Cheers!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Not sure it was them that held us at bay, more bad luck and poor finishing

Well, they did really. There was some real goal mouth scramble stuff and they were forced to defend and defend.

Sent from my iPhone using blancmange

cognacb

May 17, 2016
It ain't worth a lot.

I agree with him entirely, this sentimental bollox is little more than posturing

FWIW I've a long held loathing for your club, the right of entitlement is right up there with the best of them all, Leeds.

I very much hope that Hull do you over and you return to mid table obscurity

Cheers!

I came here to state my admiration for your team's effort and your fan's efforts too.

However, when I read that you think that we believe that we have a right of entitlement I nearly creased myself.

No one at our club expected to be in this position at the start of the season . Plan was to consolidate what we had then build our squad for a tilt at promotion next season. Who knows ? That may still end up being the case.

However, after nearly 20 years of mediocrity I have never met an Owl who thinks we have a divine right to premier league status. If we do make it this season though, I think we will have fully deserved it.
Sincere good luck for next season, but only if you are not one of our adversaries again.

UTO

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Hello Sways,

Yeah that's fair enough BOTN; I'm happy having a conversation with opposition fans on a forum or in the pub like last night. A Wednesday fan shook my hand and wished us the best for next season and said the atmosphere at the AMEX was brilliant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here