Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton wins Championship boss of the year award

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Deserved promotion with it-hope he stays a long time!

cattlin'srockshop

Nov 15, 2007
where no-one can find me
Well deserved award. He has never received the credit he deserved as a player and then manager imo. Perhaps until today, though Birmingham and Newcastle fans still speak highly of him.

For younger readers who never saw Hughton the player, dig out some highlights. He was brilliant. Just as fast and just as good as anyone in England at the time, while he was genuinely two footed and played right and left. He also played in midfield many times as he had the touch and passing to do so.

I'm proud to have a fine man and coach as manager of my football club.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I love Hughton's brand of football and he has made it exciting again for the first time in a very long time. We have a great group of players and hopefully they are all in it together, for each other, and for Hughton next season.

100 points the target next season.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Well deserved. He's hardly criticised a referee all season and been very fair and honest. Shame the luck (and referees) has really turned against us in recent crucial games but confident he can build on this season and get us promoted!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm looking forward to playing Norwich at home...last time we played them some of there fans were suggesting we get rid....how wrong they were

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I love Hughton's brand of football and he has made it exciting again for the first time in a very long time. We have a great group of players and hopefully they are all in it together, for each other, and for Hughton next season.

100 points the target next season.

Totally agree. For a man who played really boring football according to Norwich fans, he has given us an incredible season. The quality he, Winstanley, Bloom and the scouting team have brought in is amazing e.g. Kayal, Knockaert, Skalak, Murphy, Hemed, Goldson, Rosenior, Bong etc.

If they can bring in most of those players after last season, you would think they can do even better this summer.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Totally agree. For a man who played really boring football according to Norwich fans, he has given us an incredible season. The quality he, Winstanley, Bloom and the scouting team have brought in is amazing e.g. Kayal, Knockaert, Skalak, Murphy, Hemed, Goldson, Rosenior, Bong etc.

If they can bring in most of those players after last season, you would think they can do even better this summer.

There will be players queuing up to play for him. If we can keep who we have then 3 or 4 good signings is all we need.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Can't agree with this for obvious reasons. Ho hum

I guess as its voted for by peers (I think) they will e looking beyond just good results, and the context in which those results are achieved. Our transformation from last season with relatively small budget compared to other top 5 clubs is pretty compelling even you would have to agree? Plus he's nicer and better looking than Dyche!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A just and deserved award. I thought that Dyche would have got it as he won the league but then again a monkey could have got them promoted with the squad they brought down from the Premier

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
This time last year, I was close to the end of my tether with Hughton. The football was dire and we only just snuck over the line to avoid relegation. Even though I knew all he had to do was keep us up, it was so bad, I just couldn't see where improvement was coming from.

What a difference 12 months makes. He must take a huge slice of the credit for the quality of football, the rapid integration of some excellent signings and the outstanding team spirit. I love the dignity the man carries himself with. He appears to gain the utmost respect from his players whilst also appearing to be a 'my door is always open' kind of guy.

The biggest tick in the box we could have for next season is keeping hold of the manager.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
well deserved
well done Chris

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
What made me proud of his achievement here was that the fellow managers have noticed his achievement turning the Albion around and not just give it to the man at the top.

He was the only manger, from the four divisions to win one of the awards, whose team didn't win their respective league.

Well done that man!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here