Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SWFC Fan in peace

bigrbuk

May 17, 2016
Keep your chins up, you were fantastic last night, and I could well imagine most other teams succumbing to that pressure in the first half. My nerves were shot.

It looked like a foul for our equaliser when watched in slow mo, less so at full speed, but as they say, I've seen them given. You were also unfortunate with the injuries in the first game, but you can only play what's in front of you - don't hate us for that. We've had our share of bad luck already this season as you may have seen if you watched any of our games on sky for starters.

Good luck for next season.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Don't worry - we're all a bit numb.

Personally, I felt our season died when Stephens was outrageously sent off at Middlesbrough. Yesterday was just more of the same shìt shìt luck. 5-0 at half time wouldn't have flattered us. We were one of the best 3 teams in the division by a country mile and we'll be in the top six again next season.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Keep your chins up, you were fantastic last night, and I could well imagine most other teams succumbing to that pressure in the first half. My nerves were shot.

It looked like a foul for our equaliser when watched in slow mo, less so at full speed, but as they say, I've seen them given. You were also unfortunate with the injuries in the first game, but you can only play what's in front of you - don't hate us for that. We've had our share of bad luck already this season as you may have seen if you watched any of our games on sky for starters.

Good luck for next season.

Yes we were great. Your defence was fantastic though.

Good luck in the final, would prefer you in the Prem to Derby or Hull.

Wednesday :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes we were great. Your defence was fantastic though.

Good luck in the final, would prefer you in the Prem to Derby or Hull.

I wouldn't. Hull are WAY more deserving of promotion than SW.

Sadly, as we know to our cost, 'deserving' doesn't count for anything.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Personally, I felt our season died when Stephens was outrageously sent off at Middlesbrough. Yesterday was just more of the same shìt shìt luck. 5-0 at half time wouldn't have flattered us. We were one of the best 3 teams in the division by a country mile and we'll be in the top six again next season.

Sums it up for me

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Thanks for that bigrbuk. There's no point "hating" the Owls for having knocked us out of the play-offs; the fact is that we have not been ruthless enough throughout the season. Had we been, we would have gone up automatically and avoided this tie altogether. That said, we've had a great season, and we'll just have to go again next time. Enjoy Wembley; you'll have your work cut out against Hull, but it's one game and anything can happen!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Nothing personal against the OP but it is quite important for us that Hull win at Wembley.

We are clearly better than Wednesday, and no reason that should change over the Summer, but Hull would be much tougher opponents in next year's promotion race.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I dunno, thought they managed to not wilt under the hurricane of pressure we put them under. Saying that, had their wrongfully allowed goal been chalked off then we would have gone on to thrash them imo

Agreed they were wobbling. Sad thing is I almost expect us to be cheated by the officials now. We have had some really appalling decisions in the Burnley game, the Boro game and now last night as well. One here and there you live with, but in EVERY crunch game at the end of the season? If it wasn't bad decisions it was cruel luck, as in the injuries in the first Weds game.

Oh well, roll on next season, I am very proud to be an Albion fan this year, we have the best team spirit I can ever recall. Fingers crossed we can keep the players we want to.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Nothing personal against the OP but it is quite important for us that Hull win at Wembley.

We are clearly better than Wednesday, and no reason that should change over the Summer, but Hull would be much tougher opponents in next year's promotion race.

Aren't Wednesday minted now?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Another poor decision got them back into a game that was going our way. Add that to the penalties at Derby and Burnley, the red card at Boro and the unpunished assaults by Barton at the AMEX. We have been ****ed iver by the officials this season, compounded by the sweet FA.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Exactly this. We need the weakest teams possible in the Championship and Wednesday are the weaker of the 2. They still have to finish the job against Derby first. Unfortunately, Derby are likely to strengthen their squad, then there's Newcastle and Norwich. Next season will be even tougher.

It will be interesting to see how the likes of Burton get on.

This is probably the toughest league in the world now to get promoted from and also very difficult to stay in at the lower end.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

a mate texted me last night during the game , his words ''how are you not at least 4 up ?''

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I wouldn't. Hull are WAY more deserving of promotion than SW.

Sadly, as we know to our cost, 'deserving' doesn't count for anything.

i want Hull to win but only for purely selfish reasons, one less team with parachute money to compete against.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Exactly this. We need the weakest teams possible in the Championship and Wednesday are the weaker of the 2.

Wednesday's owner is hideously rich and prepared to throw cash at it. Hull's is taking every opportunity to p1ss off and drive away, their dwindling fan-base. Wednesday would be stronger in this league next year, than Hull would be.

But I'd still rather Wednesday fail. It counts for nothing of course, but I'm a believer in fairness. Wednesday barely even made the play offs, and had a sh1tload of good fortune to scrape past us. **** em.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here