Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What the Papers Say

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...lhal-s-seal-Championship-play-final-spot.html

'It was impossible not to feel for Brighton, heart-broken for the second time in a month and beaten in the play-offs for the third time in four years.
They finished with 89 points after 46 games - 15 clear of Wednesday - and lost only five times, missing automatic promotion on goal difference on the final day of the regular season.
In the first-leg of this play-off semi-final at Hillsborough they had the freakish misfortune to lose four players injured and finished with 10 men in a 2-0 defeat.

'The disappointment is massive,' said Brighton boss Chris Hughton. 'It's a distraught changing room because they put so much into it.'*

His team threw everything at Wednesday in an astonishing opening spell of pressure.

Anthony Knockaert was unplayable for 20 minutes, hitting a post, creating chances and forcing saves from Kieran Westwood'

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
who apart from us actually cares, no one... The history books will all say Burnely, Middlesbrough and another promoted...

It's gone, we go again, it's football...

Nothing will be done about the injustice as everyone makes so much money off the back of the play offs....

Poor little ol' Brighton.... said every patronizing football fan, when they are laughing at us.... as we would if it were another team...

We shoulda coulda done better against Burnley, QPR etc etc...

We did not, we dust ourselves down, keep the core players if possible, add some more quality and like I said before go again....

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/brighton-1-1-sheffield-wednesday-7985291

'Not since Phil Daniels and Leslie Ash shed their inhibitions in Quadrophenia hasBrighton*known such passion

For 45 minutes they were brilliant, but the whirlwind blew itself out.

But no sooner had Brighton gained a foothold in the tie than it was cruelly, and controversially, cancelled out nine minutes later'

Player Ratings
Brighton: Stockdale 6, Bruno 7, Greer 6 (Rosenior, 77), Dunk 8, Bong 6, Knockaert 8, Sidwell 7, Kayal 4, Skalak 6, Baldock 7 (LuaLua, 61), Wilson 6.

Pretty harsh, especially on Kayal

D

Deleted member 22389

We where really unlucky, but you can't turn the clock back now. Fantastic season. Regroup and go again, and fingers crossed we keep our team together and add a couple of goal scorers.
Just you wait, our time will come. Try and try again we will eventually succeed, and when we finally do it, it will be the best feeling in the world.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
We where really unlucky, but you can't turn the clock back now. Fantastic season. Regroup and go again, and fingers crossed we keep our team together and add a couple of goal scorers.
Just you wait, our time will come. Try and try again we will eventually succeed, and when we finally do it, it will be the best feeling in the world.

Tonight's play off game has reminded me of how we all felt this time last year and I've been glancing at old posts. I have sympathy for the Wednesday fans who are now experiencing those emotions again, not something I'd wish on any football fan not from SE25.

Top marks to you bashlsdir for this bit of Nostradaming.

Turns out that we regrouped and went again, kept the team together and added a couple of goalscorers (I'm counting this season's Sam B as different from last year's) and our time did come. When we finally succeeded, do you know it was the best feeling in the world.

I'm now just remembering the Wigan aftermath and am far cheerier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here