Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Listen to this

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
A great assessment from a Sheff Wed fan and Labour politician. Check out what David Blunkett had to say about us. It was on the 8.25 Sports Desk of the Today programme on Radio 4. If someone can embed, I'd be grateful.

Julio

Feb 18, 2009
A great assessment from a Sheff Wed fan and Labour politician. Check out what David Blunkett had to say about us. It was on the 8.25 Sports Desk of the Today programme on Radio 4. If someone can embed, I'd be grateful.

I heard that, an amazing tribute to our efforts last night, on and off the pitch. Given that football for David is an audio and sensory experience, for him to say he has never experienced anything like it, is some compliment. Doesn't lessen the disappointment, but we can say with hands on hearts we gave it everything.

BillyBBs

May 16, 2016
You played your hearts out last night, and put the fear of Chris up our lads and our supporters!

I went pale when I saw the flag-waving intro, and got the whiskey (Bushmills) out when Dunk stuck that ball into the roof of our net.
But then, I can't explain why A.K's earlier free kick didn't go in - it went everywhere but, hitting the upright top corner on the way!

Our away fans follow the great tradition of shouting, swearing and singing like drunken banshees, if you're going to go down to away goals you might as well die bravely.

I don't think, as a Wednesdayite who was at Highbury for the 1983 semi-final, that I've ever witnessed an onslaught like the first 20 minutes last night.
Your guys deserved to win, BUT Lady Luck showed you her back last week, and was not for turning.

I know there are trolls and wannabe trolls out there who would gleefully watch us suffer the same fate against Hull - if you mean it, good luck with that; but if you take lessons from life, I hope your excellent team gains automatic promotion next year. I salute you.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Don't know how to embed etc, but just listened on iPlayer. Just go to radio 4, schedules, today program, and go 2hrs 25mins in. Worth a listen.

Jim in the West

NSC Patreon
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Liz in the West has given up listening to Radio 4 in the mornings, as she thinks it's too depressing, so I get an earful of Chris Evans before I leave. This morning there was a bit of banter with the sports news presenter in relation to our game, who was sounding very sympathetic towards us. However, Evans said he had no sympathy with Brighton as the ground was only half full.....

So, great to hear an alternative view. My estimation of Chris Evans was already very low, but it has now dropped off the scale.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Caught the end of some goon talking how Wednesday deserved to go up because they'd spent 15 ? years in the doldrums.

Try 33 years of hurt before lecturing us about who deserves what you tosser.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thanks for the heads up

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Don't know how to embed etc, but just listened on iPlayer. Just go to radio 4, schedules, today program, and go 2hrs 25mins in. Worth a listen.

Just listened and yes, well worth it. Very complimentary.

Julio

Feb 18, 2009
Liz in the West has given up listening to Radio 4 in the mornings, as she thinks it's too depressing, so I get an earful of Chris Evans before I leave. This morning there was a bit of banter with the sports news presenter in relation to our game, who was sounding very sympathetic towards us. However, Evans said he had no sympathy with Brighton as the ground was only half full.....

So, great to hear an alternative view. My estimation of Chris Evans was already very low, but it has now dropped off the scale.

Funny that, last night he tweeted how brilliant and unlucky we were.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Describes The Amex atmosphere last night as a "force field". Had never heard noise like it in 60 years of watching football (and, obviously, he should be an unusually good judge of that...).

It is incredible how good was the atmosphere generated by 25,000 Albion fans supporting as one.

Silly to say that we should be able to do it like that every week - but I think last night we did rediscover The Amex mojo and we do have a new standard to aim at.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07bbjhg

Play from 2:26:15

"Well I’ve never experienced anything, in the many years I’ve been a Sheffield Wednesday supporter, like the first quarter of that game last night.

It was a forcefield. It was a forcefield on the pitch and off it. The sound was unbelievable, the emotion was so high that we were all holding our heads in our hands and literally shaking.

Politics and football drive you mad and lift you up, and on this occasion we were very, very fortunate.

To be fair, they were fantastic hosts. They deserve to go up - they should have beaten Middlesbrough in that final game."

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07bbjhg

Play from 2:26:15
Politics and football drive you mad and lift you up, and on this occasion we were very, very fortunate.

My ears may be deceiving me but I thought he said "Love, politics and football drive you mad ...."

It was a good interview although I don't think the interviewer should have said "You've been watching Wednesday ..."

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here