Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So which forward do we want to buy?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
It seems the general concensus is that the squad is enough but lacks a forward or two.

So who should we try and sign in the summer? I am sure it will be someone we have never heard of from abroad but who would you like us to sign?

SAC

May 21, 2014
Need to know who is going to be sold before giving an opinion on who to buy.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Muzza. Probably a realistic signing too, not wanted at Bournemouth and wants to play for us.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
We have to be straight up now, we almost have the squad and manager to achieve a top 2 place but we need a quality, proven forward to get there. All up to Bloom as he is losing millions each season but for me we need to spend £8-10 million on a player like McCormack or Kodjia and we will do a Burnley.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Lets get off the Murray thing now please. He is 33 when the season starts and we need to look longer term than that. This season I would have accepted it but at his age, with the injury and lack of football he has had I'm not convinced he is the answer.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Lets get off the Murray thing now please. He is 33 when the season starts and we need to look longer term than that. This season I would have accepted it but at his age, with the injury and lack of football he has had I'm not convinced he is the answer.

He would be to compete with Hemed for that role in the team. We need a nippy support player as an upgrade to Baldock and then we are a good team all over the pitch.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He would be to compete with Hemed for that role in the team. We need a nippy support player as an upgrade to Baldock and then we are a good team all over the pitch.

I'd be really disappointed if promotion replied of a front 4 of Hemed/Murray/Baldock one other.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
It seems the general concensus is that the squad is enough but lacks a forward or two.

So who should we try and sign in the summer? I am sure it will be someone we have never heard of from abroad but who would you like us to sign?

i think we need 2. (not that im any expert)

i'd go for 1 faster dynamic striker + 1 older/wiser conventional type who will score at this level (to challenge Hemed).

Vydra or McCormack would fit the first bill and out of favour Glenn Murray or Ricky Lambert the second.

Murray with his home here seems a a given, he will still score at this level and is better than Hemed, I would love it to be Vydra with him to challenge/replace Baldrick

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I'd be really disappointed if promotion replied of a front 4 of Hemed/Murray/Baldock one other.

We nearly did it with less this time. A lot would depend on how much better the Baldock replacement was though.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Murray and Vydra would be high on my list

One thing is for sure, the players should be throwing themselves at us currently.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Joint highest scorers in the Division indicates that we are not terrible going forward, but we have shipped more goals than the teams who finished above us. Just saying the stats don't support the argument that we need a Messi or similar. Although I wouldn't say no.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here