Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now I'm feeling FLAT

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I woke up this morning in a depression.

I've kept the positivity going right to then end, but now I'm feeling flat. Heaven knows how the players must feel.

It's not just a case of the statistics making me feel sad - all that 89 points and you are usually up etc. - it's the fact that we have played so well and fought so well that I just felt we deserved it this time. I'm taking nothing away from other teams, I'm just looking at us.

So, now, I feel flat.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Me too, with a head full of "what ifs" :down:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I woke up this morning in a depression.

I've kept the positivity going right to then end, but now I'm feeling flat. Heaven knows how the players must feel.

It's not just a case of the statistics making me feel sad - all that 89 points and you are usually up etc. - it's the fact that we have played so well and fought so well that I just felt we deserved it this time. I'm taking nothing away from other teams, I'm just looking at us.

So, now, I feel flat.

Me too. Last night proud of a fine team, this morning down. I just can't believe that nothing went for us in these last 3 games. It hurts - a lot, because I genuinely believe that this team deserved it. For me the best football team in the division over the season. The old saying that you end up where you deserve to be in the league just doesn't seem to have worked out this year.

Also no illusion that we will keep the team together and very clear that it will be even harder to get out f this division with Newcastle and Norwich having o much cash. Thankfully I can't see Villa sorting themselves out in a season.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
So many bad refereeing decisions against us this season, culminating in the "goal" last night. A clear push on Dunk not spotted by the officials. My overwhelming feeling is that we've been cheated and robbed.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Same, and to make it worse just read in papers we're the first team in 111 years not to be promoted after only losing 5 games all season
Talk about kicking a man when he's down, and to make it even worse I've gotta spend the next 8 hours now of a shitty building site, think I'm in desperate need of a holiday

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
And one more aspect of the pain - watching Boro fans celebrate at our expense after a painful game and a long journey, then watching Wednesday fans celebrate at our expense a few days later (also a long journey as I flew back from holiday in Spain for this one, heading back out there today!). At most you have to endure one of these a season - two is too many!

yep it seems unfair to me in many ways as if after all the hard work everyone at the club has done this season and still things didn't go for us in mean last night hit inside of post ball doesn't go in the Wednesday goal was a foul on dunk and that was just last night the sending off at boro etc etc

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
It's odd but I don't feel the same. Waking on the Tuesday morning after the Palace defeat I was seriously depressed, players hadn't turned up and Poyets post match comments left a sour taste in the mouth.

This morning, disappointed yes but in no way flat. I'm so proud of the club, staff, players and fans. Unlike Palace I don't think a single person left anything out there on that pitch yesterday evening. Yes we fell slightly short but gave it one hell of a go and Hughton was class as alway with his post match comments.

So I'm feeling incredibly proud and optimistic this morning about the future of the club. If uncle Tony keeps the bulk of this squad together (and manager) with a few key additions, I don't think Newcastle, Villa, Norwich or whoever will live with us next season. Onwards and upwards... we go again.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
It's odd but I don't feel the same. Waking on the Tuesday morning after the Palace defeat I was seriously depressed, players hadn't turned up and Poyets post match comments left a sour taste in the mouth.

This morning, disappointed yes but in no way flat. I'm so proud of the club, staff, players and fans. Unlike Palace I don't think a single person left anything out there on that pitch yesterday evening. Yes we fell slightly short but gave it one hell of a go and Hughton was class as alway with his post match comments.

So I'm feeling incredibly proud and optimistic this morning about the future of the club. If uncle Tony keeps the bulk of this squad together (and manager) with a few key additions, I don't think Newcastle, Villa, Norwich or whoever will live with us next season. Onwards and upwards... we go again.

100%. We're 10x the club we were after the palace defeat. The team spirit is something else. I'm confident we can keep the bulk of our team together and with the right additions we can go again and challenge next season. 'It gets harder every season' is a tired cliche and as we've shown this season we can kick it with the big spenders. I was afraid after the palace game, I'm confident now.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

This... I felt very proud to be part of that last night. We will get our day, who knows when but it will come.. If in the meantime then I can have some moments and some of the spectacle of last night then that will do for now. Nothing will be worse than the Palace semi defeat, when we thought we would/should do it. The Derby play-off defeat felt kind of inevitable given how we just got in, and then we just didn't perform. We currently have a squad of players for whom it really matters (Yes, we may lose some of them), a Manager who oozes class (Congrats on last nights Manager of the Year award Mr Hughton) and a Chairman who loves the Club as much as we all do. Very unfortunate last night in many respects, but IF Sheff Wed do go up, what kind of a season do you think they will have to look forward to.. I love this Club of ours and revel in the glow of the wider football family who know how much we gave last night and deserved better..

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
I feel worse than the other playoffs this morning. Very proud of the effort, but the injustice of it all is really difficult to take. I've never known a combination of shocking ref calls, injuries, and pure bad luck in 3 consecutive games, letalone 3 of this importance.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012

This with bells on

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS

This.

Trying to make sense of my emotions after such a night at the Amex and this summed up everything neatly. The players looked devastated after the match but hope those of us who stayed to applaud and wave the flags helped show them the love and respect we have for this incredible body of men.

We go again...and have nothing to fear, of the teams coming down, Villa I think will continue their freefall, Norwich are one of those yoyo clubs, and Newcastle aren't a huge threat either. Hope that miserable bloke with the jesters hat, seen in the cup game during Sky's coverage, is back to witness a further trouncing!! If we keep key players, Hughton/Calderwood, bolster things a little (couple of strikers), it could finally be our time. It's overdue and no-one can say we don't deserve it...

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I'm disappointed but not flat.

I said yesterday that an unusual calm had washed over me and even stranger it is still here. Whatever will be, will be, and it was.

I'm proud of this team. I'm proud that it was goal difference that stopped us. I'm proud of our fans. I'm proud to have blue and white blood.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
No. I still feel flat - despite everyone's positive statements.

Perhaps I shouldn't have come into work today. I really don't want to speak to anyone.

I think I need 24 hours away from everything and everyone.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking

It's funny how we respond differently to the same events. I'm finding it harder to deal with last night than I did the Palace debacle. After Palace I felt we were the author of our own demise and got what we deserved. It made it easier for me to move on. Now? Now I feel like fate has taken a colossal dump on us from a great height when we did everything we could to succeed. It's hurting like hell. Seeing players in tears last night really got to me. They've give so much for no reward and deserve so much better.

Arse biscuits!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here