Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hurting, hoarse and hollowed out.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I expect a lot of us are feeling all of the above right now. For weeks now I've barely been able to keep a thought in my head without the run-in barging its way in there. Permutations, injuries, injustices. A steady stream of distraction to keep me from thinking about real life.

All season long I've managed my expectations. When we were sitting proud at the top I was busy telling everybody at work that there was a long way to go. With about five games to go when we were storming along and scoring for fun I came on here and said that I didn't think we would quite make the autos as I couldn't see us winning seven games on the hoof (I was right - big whoosh).

I honestly don't think that I ever really believed we were going to pull it off until we got the first goal tonight. We were playing with such force and belief it suddenly all seemed right. I hugged some strangers and shouted to nobody in particular that we were going to do it. Then fate realised it hadn't dished up any bad luck for us for at least an hour and set about ignoring the foul in the box on Dunk. The rest is history. I feel void. I'm rambling on here as a means of therapy because my social media is full of non-Seagull types that just don't get it. I don't quite know where to go from here. I'm not sure how I navigate the summer after this.

However, for all my current woe, what an honour it was to share The Amex with you tonight. What an occasion. What a noise. What a performance. What a team. The sight of Bruno, Stockdale and Rosenior really struggling to hold back tears was horrible to see. The sight of the Wednesday fans partying at full-time was even worse. But the thousands that stayed on to cheer until every last one of our boys had left the pitch was a thing of beauty.

We're made for each other. Let's meet up again. How about August?

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I'm trying to deflect the disappointment for me and my son by starting to think about what away trips we can look forward to next season. I've been trying to convince ourselves how great it is to do an away trip and watch us win, as opposed to seeing us get beat on a regular basis in the Prem ! Call it a coping mechanism !

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'm already looking forward to next season!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
At least we won't have Boro away on the last game of the season ! What's the odds on it being Newcastle instead ?!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here