Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

17 shots in the first half

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The highest in any Championship game this season. How the hell weren't we 4-0 up at half-time? The fact that their goal was a clear foul makes it even worse.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Have to say I'm really struggling at the moment to get over that bit of it. Used to the shit decisions against us now but it's the fact that on another day we could easily have scored 4 or 5. It's a cruel game.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It certainly is. That was tough to take. 27 shots overall, we should have romped it.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
The highest in any Championship game this season. How the hell weren't we 4-0 up at half-time? The fact that their goal was a clear foul makes it even worse.

If we'd had Hemed and Zamora up top we may well have been 4 up at half time. Let's just hope we've learnt that lesson and we go into next season with a healthier striking department.
Fact is we drew 1-1 at home and ultimately came up short. 3 draws and a defeat in the last 4 when it really mattered. Yes we may have been hard done by, we can all look at the things that went against us but the outcome is still the same. Learn from this season and let's keep it together and go up next season as champions!
:albion2:

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK

Westwood is a very good goalkeeper at Championship level.

Wednesday defended like their lives depended on it.

No top class striker. With Andre Gray, David Nugent, Jordan Rhodes, Cristhian Stuani or Leo Ulloa up top, it would have been 4-0 at half time.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Putting to one side the 2 goal deficit we had to recover, I simply can't believe we only DREW that game. We need to sign 2 proven strikers for next season - Baldock should only become a squad player because sadly he's proven he's not a natural goal scorer.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Westwood is a very good goalkeeper at Championship level.

Wednesday defended like their lives depended on it.

No top class striker. With Andre Gray, David Nugent, Jordan Rhodes, Cristhian Stuani or Leo Ulloa up top, it would have been 4-0 at half time.

With any of those up front, I'd suggest we wouldn't have been in the play-offs. We'd have been deserved Champions weeks ago.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
It reminded me of the England V Poland 1973 world cup qualifying game.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
And this confirms what has to be the main area to strengthen. I wonder if it would be worth putting in a cheeky bid for Wilsn. He does have potential and is good when not ill - he must also be pretty close to the bottom of the pecking order at Man U now.

Gi2raffe1

May 17, 2016
This has always been brighton wrong decisions taken by players at crucial moments!!!!this is why we are where we are not management fault but players have to take responsibility for their own mad decisions at times and play as a team not glory hunters!!!!!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
This has always been brighton wrong decisions taken by players at crucial moments!!!!this is why we are where we are not management fault but players have to take responsibility for their own mad decisions at times and play as a team not glory hunters!!!!!

Straight over my head...

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Are you Polish :moo:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Simple fact is, despite the bad decisions, the 10 men, the injuries, we didn't win any of the last 4 games - winning one of the first 3 would have been enough.

Need to get over this now - I need to watch cricket and clear my head of it all!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Blistering first half and should have been 4 or 5-1 up at half time...Second half wasn't good as Wednesday defended superbly and our end product disappeared.

Great watching that's for sure :)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here