Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The best atmosphere EVER at the Amex

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Tony Bloom made a call to arms, and oh boy, the troops reacted.

That was, without a doubt, the most electrifying, deafening atmosphere I have ever experienced at the Amex, maybe ever at an Albion game. The flags were a triumph, that just looked fantastic. But the NOISE level was something else. I can't remember ever hearing the team roared on for so long, in such a prolonged display of passion and desire. That goal was just about inevitable, the team just seemed to be swept along on a tidal wave of emotion and sheer force of will from the stands. I'll never forget that atmosphere as long as I live.

Quite how Wednesday survived that onslaught I don't think I will never know. We should have been comfortably home and hosed after half an hour, but a combination of blind luck, great keeping and wasteful finishing left us vulnerable to the sucker punch, which duly arrived with that fluked goal that we never retrieved.

I'm gutted beyond belief tonight, but my small consolation is that we as fans did everything possible tonight and made that stadium into a seething caldron that, on most nights, would have got us over the line. EVERYTHING went Wednesdays way over those two ties, our team could not have done any more. But what a night.

What a night.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Totally agree. Virgo nailed it at half time when he said maybe the atmosphere needs to be like that more often.

Great noise all throughout the game.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Tony Bloom made a call to arms, and oh boy, the troops reacted.

That was, without a doubt, the most electrifying, deafening atmosphere I have ever experienced at the Amex, maybe ever at an Albion game. The flags were a triumph, that just looked fantastic. But the NOISE level was something else. I can't remember ever hearing the team roared on for so long, in such a prolonged display of passion and desire. That goal was just about inevitable, the team just seemed to be swept along on a tidal wave of emotion and sheer force of will from the stands. I'll never forget that atmosphere as long as I live.

Quite how Wednesday survived that onslaught I don't think I will never know. We should have been comfortably home and hosed after half an hour, but a combination of blind luck, great keeping and wasteful finishing left us vulnerable to the sucker punch, which duly arrived with that fluked goal that we never retrieved.

I'm gutted beyond belief tonight, but my small consolation is that we as fans did everything possible tonight and made that stadium into a seething caldron that, on most nights, would have got us over the line. EVERYTHING went Wednesdays way over those two ties, our team could not have done any more. But what a night.

What a night.

Next season...........We Go Again !!!

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Completely agree, and I feel that if we played with that tempo and drive every game we'd probably experience this sort of atmosphere from the stands more often too. Proud to be an Albion fan tonight.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
People around me who never EVER sing were singing tonight.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Even when the game was lost, with injury time looming, the roar of 'Albion' that rung out all around the ground was quite something. Great support tonight (now last night).

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
In the North tonight, all standing all game. 2 other things were noticeably different. When a chant started in our area, either it was taken over by the whole stand, or if a different song was louder we changed to sing that so the whole stand seemed to sing in unison for the first time I can remember. Secondly, in the first half especially, looking around at different parts of the ground, and everyone clearly singing the same song, made my hair stand up, sounded incredible, and was amazing to be a part of. I really hope it came across like that in the rest of the ground and the on the TV, because as the OP said, I haven't experienced anything like that before at the Amex. Would be awesome to see that some more next season

dannybrooks69

Jun 28, 2013
The atmosphere was electric; maybe we could 'bounce' to get it really going; everyone was going near me as well x

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think the fact that we were starting the game having to retrive a 2-0 deficit just gave the night a whole different feeling. There was a desperation before a ball had been kicked, a knowledge that our backs were to the wall right from the off, we were in a desperate position we needed to retrieve as quickly as possible. That just led to such an incredible fervour that was positively tumbling down the stands and onto the pitch.

I can tell you, when Dunk scored, I was convinced we were going to do it. Convinced. I guess you have to give Wednesday some modicum of credit for surviving, but I can only give it grudgingly because they were so fcking LUCKY over those 2 ties (having finished FIFTEEN points adrift of us). Absolutely everything that could go their way, went their way. From the freakish injuries, the woodwork, the saves the missed chances. They bumbled their way past us, and that hurts. But by christ I am proud of our team.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here