Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear Mr Bloom

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
Firstly a sincere thank you for what has been an absolutely fantastic season, Chris, Colin and all the squad and everyone at the club have done a brilliant job, and I know like all of us you and they are all feeling gutted for coming so so close
I also know that like all of us you have blue and white blood flowing through your veins, and you will do your dammed utmost to keep the management team and all the quality players at this club for another crack at it next season
I have been supporting this club for almost 50 years and I can honestly say that the first choice team we have is the best footballing side I have had the privilege to watch, so I pray that this season has not been for nothing and that it goes down in history as a stepping stone on an ever upward curve

Thank you once again have a great summer and fingers crossed that the recruitment team find the very few players to take us that one step further ( another Peter Ward maybe )

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Well said - this season will have been wasted if we cave in to any offers for our best players. We simply have to build our squad around them for next season, adding 2 proven strikers, a centre mid and centre back (assuming GG's tenure comes to an end).

Let's use this disappointment and experience as the springboard to get us up automatically next season !

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Firstly a sincere thank you for what has been an absolutely fantastic season, Chris, Colin and all the squad and everyone at the club have done a brilliant job, and I know like all of us you and they are all feeling gutted for coming so so close
I also know that like all of us you have blue and white blood flowing through your veins, and you will do your dammed utmost to keep the management team and all the quality players at this club for another crack at it next season
I have been supporting this club for almost 50 years and I can honestly say that the first choice team we have is the best footballing side I have had the privilege to watch, so I pray that this season has not been for nothing and that it goes down in history as a stepping stone on an ever upward curve

Thank you once again have a great summer and fingers crossed that the recruitment team find the very few players to take us that one step further ( another Peter Ward maybe )

Almost 50 years watching for me too. I agree this season was about the best I have seen in football terms. I am hurting now, as we all are. We know that we deserved a bit of luck in the last 3 games and we got none at all. It was great to see that performance last night and it made it even harder that we didn't win and didn't progress. This pain and pride together is a very strange feeling. I very much hope we can keep the backbone of this great team together and strengthen and challenge in what will be an even harder task next year. I believe Tony and the management team will make it happen.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Tony, Chris and the team have shown we are in good hands. We can trust them to build on this for next season. We've been unlucky with injuries, but we know we can compete with any team.
A special mention for Paul Winstanley in the recruitment team for the great players who have come in.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Can we please do whatever we can to keep Stockdale, Bruno, Goldson, Dunk, Rosenior, Kayal, Stephens, Knockaert..... Thank you.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think one of the most positive things is that IF we lose players, we know the club has the ability/structure in place to find 'gems' such as AK and Skalak. Those two have REALLY made a difference since January and Skalak blows the 'must have championship experience' theory out of the water – he's got better with every game IMO. Had they been here since August, they could have turned some of those draws into wins, etc, etc...

But yes, thank you Tony. It's been fantastic.

Last edited:

Dec 29, 2011
I think one of the most positive things is that IF we lose players, we know the club has the ability/structure in place to find 'gems' such as AK and Skalak. Those two have REALLY made a difference since January and blow the 'must have championship experience' theory out of the water (albeit Skalak took a while to adjust). Had they been here since August, they could have turned some of those draws into wins, etc, etc...

But yes, thank you Tony. It's been fantastic.

How does AK not have Championship experience?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Waking up disappointed but thankful for a truly entertaining season, also a little hungover..

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath

great post I been watching for 52 years and I enjoyed this season and looking forward to next season. Thank you TB and team.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
The only comment I want to make today is to say thank you Tony Bloom, not sure if you ever read NSC but if you do, we want you to know that what you have done and are doing for BHA is totally amazing and we are all incredibly grateful. GOSBTS.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Thank you indeed Tony Bloom. We're lucky to have a Chairman who is steeped in the Albion's history and will be well aware that when we were unjustly denied promotion in 1978, we pushed on and did it in 1979. This is that moment again, albeit in a more testing environment financially. Let's hope (in fact, pray) the club can find that little bit extra without breaking the bank to bolster 1 or 2 key areas and keep everyone together.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Thanks Tony, it really has been emotional. What a season, an absolutely fantastic effort from everyone at the club. It has been a privelege to be part of a group of people that have been pulling together from the backrooms to boardroom, on the pitch and off. Far from being downhearted I am uplifted by the progress this club has made in the years since our move to the Amex. No longer little old Brighton playing at a municipal running track, but a team that has three playoff appearances in four years and has come within two poxy goals of promotion.

Thanks once again Tony, you made this all possible and next season we return to the fray bigger, bolder and stronger.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Dear Tony,

You're fvcking brilliant!

Thank you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here