Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

God I so hope we can keep this team together! WIll we lose anyone before the start of the

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
new season?

Stephens- Rumoured on his way back north?

Anyone else?

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
We will have a job holding onto Dunk, Kayal, Stephens and Knockaert

Agreed. Contracts mean nothing these days and their agents will already be on the case telling them that they can do better than BHA. TB will need to show them that he is still very ambitious and prepared to spend big money on better strikers. It must have been frustrating for Kayal and Stephens to be far and away the best centre midfield paring in the division, with such a distinctly mid table strike force. Hemed, Wilson and Baldock can all play a bit, but unfortunately, they are not top end of the championship quality.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
We will have a job holding onto Dunk, Kayal, Stephens and Knockaert

I'm not convinced that Knockaert will go. He was offered by Leicester and not a single prem club wanted him. He was unhappy in Belgium and wanted out but, again, no top club went for him. He didn't set the world on fire when he was at Leicester and while he looks top in this division, he's had a couple of off games for us too.

Kayal is another who's had his chances to go to the PL. It hasn't happened for him and he's 28 now, maybe he'll go but I reckon he could stay. Make him captain and make sure his mate stays and he could be here for years

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Players that aren't going anywhere..

Stockdale

Rosenior Goldsen BFG Bong

Murphy ? ? Skalak

Baldock Hemed

Not a bad start?

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
It'll be car boot sale at the Albion and we'll buy more Elvis type players. Just a shame our club hasn't the mantle like Middlesbrough etc who keep their best players and add to mount another challenge for promotion. It seems we're the only club that sells our best players for a quick buck then we spunk it on the likes of Elvis or O'Grady...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Stephens to Burnley
Dunk to Newcastle
Kayal to Norwich
Knockaert to Watford

:-(

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
It'll be car boot sale at the Albion and we'll buy more Elvis type players. Just a shame our club hasn't the mantle like Middlesbrough etc who keep their best players and add to mount another challenge for promotion. It seems we're the only club that sells our best players for a quick buck then we spunk it on the likes of Elvis or O'Grady...

Didn't realise the summer was over already... who did we sell?

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex

What a load of rubbish. Who have we sold for a quick buck recently ? We get top dollar for anyone we sell these days, the only one we really miss is Ulloa, but £10m ? Couldn't turn that down. Elvis was the one duff purchase of last year, don't mention Knocky, Hemed or Skalak will you, and O'Grady was a mistake, but not under the current manager or recruitment team.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Everybody we want to keep is under contract for next season so that's a good start. Club has been good at enforcing managers contracts and I think they will pay hard ball. TB could offer large promotion bonuses to keep people happy.
I don't think we lose lose more than one. We will get at least £7m for him and spend it on a quick striker. Plus we will get Murray as well.
Will have a much better squad next season.

chrispyk

May 4, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Everybody we want to keep is under contract for next season so that's a good start. Club has been good at enforcing managers contracts and I think they will pay hard ball. TB could offer large promotion bonuses to keep people happy.
I don't think we lose lose more than one. We will get at least £7m for him and spend it on a quick striker. Plus we will get Murray as well.
Will have a much better squad next season.

Could not agree more, TB wants to win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here