Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wednesday Defence

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Very well organised, have to give them credit for that. Can't see them beating Hull though...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's the playoffs, anything can happen. Personally not bothered who wins though.

Weds did defend well, managing to get a goal that should never have been allowed strengthened their resolve though.

Jimmy Grimble

Hardly well organised in the first half when we tore them to shreds. How we only scored 1 is anyone's guess.

Jan 10, 2014
I thought that they were pretty shite and only looked solid when you'd ran out of ideas.

If you'd had a decent forward on the pitch the game would have been won in the first half an hour.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
They defended very well in the second half. First half they were ripped open and were last ditch. If the respective front two were swapped (or if we had bobby and hemed fit) we'd be going to wembley.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hardly well organised in the first half when we tore them to shreds. How we only scored 1 is anyone's guess.

I thought that they were pretty shite and only looked solid when you'd ran out of ideas.

If you'd had a decent forward on the pitch the game would have been won in the first half an hour.

These. If only we'd had £9m Andre Gray eh?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Exactly. Chaotic as we had chance after chance, but the weakness of e.g. Wilson let us down, as well as some luck along the way on ricochets.

The defences of Derby and Boro, to name just two, looked far better than the Wednesday donkeys.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Sorry have to disagree. They were there for the taking tonight. We had our chances and also our final ball especially in the 2nd half was shit. They were all over the place. Lets not forget we were missing Hemed and dare i say Zamora?

On another night with a bit of luck we would have spanked them. They were so bloody ordinary. The only real quality came from Foresteri.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Sorry have to disagree. They were there for the taking tonight. We had our chances and also our final ball especially in the 2nd half was shit. They were all over the place. Lets not forget we were missing Hemed and dare i say Zamora?

On another night with a bit of luck we would have spanked them. They were so bloody ordinary. The only real quality came from Foresteri.

I wouldn't say they were bloody ordinary.

They coped with everything we threw at them

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
These. If only we'd had £9m Andre Gray eh?

Imagine eh, that's what we have been missing in the final run in.... Even a fit Bobby would have made the difference in the last few games. Everyone is aware this has been our weak link and the summer will see that new piece in the jigsaw slot into place...

We go again, stronger

theowlsman

Jun 7, 2012
Very well organised, have to give them credit for that. Can't see them beating Hull though...

Hull, another team that have failed to beat us this season (yet).

Anyhow, only popped in to wish you luck next season. Make them have it Brighton. You deserved to go up, but you know how the play offs works. Hope you make it next season. Seriously.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Hull, another team that have failed to beat us this season (yet).

Anyhow, only popped in to wish you luck next season. Make them have it Brighton. You deserved to go up, but you know how the play offs works. Hope you make it next season. Seriously.

Cheers. See you next season.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I thought their defence was class tonight.

So many teams in our divisions we would have thrashed tonight.

I thought they were crap , we had so many chances in the first half , there goal , which should of been disallowed , changed the game , Derby were a much better team

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
First half we dominated and dictated play.
I think we caught them a little unexpected with the early tempo. If one of the chances had gone in the first ten minutes, Wednesday would have panicked, and we would have been 2 or 3 to the good at half-time.
Must have been a good team-talk at half-time, as they gave us less space to play and were in our faces much more, and the tempo changed. I felt that Wednesday would go on to score a second in the second-half on the counter, when we were throwing everything forward.
Very good at time-wasting and breaking-up the play with dodgy looking falling-overs/injuries to bring the momentum to a halt!
I think if they make it to the Prem, they would get torn apart ever week.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
First half we dominated and dictated play.
I think we caught them a little unexpected with the early tempo. If one of the chances had gone in the first ten minutes, Wednesday would have panicked, and we would have been 2 or 3 to the good at half-time.
Must have been a good team-talk at half-time, as they gave us less space to play and were in our faces much more, and the tempo changed. I felt that Wednesday would go on to score a second in the second-half on the counter, when we were throwing everything forward.
Very good at time-wasting and breaking-up the play with dodgy looking falling-overs/injuries to bring the momentum to a halt!
I think if they make it to the Prem, they would get torn apart ever week.

westwood had a blinder basically.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
westwood had a blinder basically.

Did he? I thought we hit the woodwork, top of the net and he had a couple of routine saves to make, nothing in the class of Stockdale's 'Worldy' in the second half when it came off his wrist.

Absolutely ironic that at the moment when were absolutely on top and the chant of 'You're shitting yourselves' went up they went up the other end and put the ball in the net to completely take the wind out of our sails.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here