Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So proud.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
A team and a season we'll always remember. Didn't end the way we hoped, but there you go - very disappointed for the players: they gave it such a good go all season. I hope we'll bounce back, but I'm happy to support us in any league - we are Brighton. UTA.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I'm glad there is no thumbs down anymore because this is going to get some hate, but what have we got to be proud of ourselves for?

Did we go up top 2? No, we weren't good enough.
Did we win the playoffs? No, we weren't good enough.
Are we remaining in the Championship? Yes, because we were not good enough.

I'm not proud, I'm disappointed that we didn't have the quality required to do what 3 others will and have done this season and that's to make themselves billionaire clubs and part of the elite. We are not.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I'm glad there is no thumbs down anymore because this is going to get some hate, but what have we got to be proud of ourselves for?

I'm not proud, I'm disappointed that we didn't have the quality required to do what 3 others will and have done this season and that's to make themselves billionaire clubs and part of the elite. We are not.

**** off. I see you've come out of the woodwork as soon as its gone tits up. We got 89 points this season, the players gave their absolute bollocks tonight and here you are telling us that we weren't good enough.

Redundant Gigolo

Jan 19, 2016

You need to wake up tomorrow and shake reality by the hand. And then take a long, long look in the mirror.

If what you've said is what you feel then I'm so sorry for you.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Becoming a billionaire club and 'part of the elite' really isn't what football is all about.

Football is more than just about the Premiership and money.

It's what we saw tonight. Courage, guts, heart and effort.

So proud of the Albion right now.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I feel so much better than the last two play-off losses. Disappointed but not deflated or let down; proud. That first half was the best half I can remember seeing by any team, let alone ours.

Yes, there are 'what if's', there always are. But blimey. Nights like tonight is what football is all about, isn't it??

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

We finished 20th last season for ****s sake.

- This season we finished third.
- our points haul was the best without securing automatic for 19 years
- our best league finish since '83
- only lost eight games in all competitions including the play offs
- that despite nobody in play off history coming back from a two goal first leg deficit and everything going against us every Wednesday fan in the country will be asking how they won that semi final
- that spirit, fight and determination

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
**** off. I see you've come out of the woodwork as soon as its gone tits up. We got 89 points this season, the players gave their absolute bollocks tonight and here you are telling us that we weren't good enough.

I've been posting almost every week this season bud, not sure where you get throwing buzzwords out like woodwork and such.

But shit man I didn't realise we were a bloody premier league side! This changes everything, because if we were good enough as you suggest, we're up aren't we? Or is good enough failing to win at home in the biggest game in recent memory, missing half a dozen superb chances and remaining in the second division? Because I for one don't really like that ceiling idea you seem to have.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I've been posting almost every week this season bud, not sure where you get throwing buzzwords out like woodwork and such.

But shit man I didn't realise we were a bloody premier league side! This changes everything, because if we were good enough as you suggest, we're up aren't we? Or is good enough failing to win at home in the biggest game in recent memory, missing half a dozen superb chances and remaining in the second division? Because I for one don't really like that ceiling idea you seem to have.

Stick with your local "football" then. We actually feel pride and humility in a galant loss.

I sort of see your point but.............F, uck that

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

Seriously. GOOD ENOUGH is getting 89 points and being two goals off of automatic promotion. The rest is bad luck.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I didn't realise we were a bloody premier league side!

Respectfully, football's not all about the Premier League.

But yes, I'm sure we'll get there soon enough.

3 Semi-Final appearances would support that.

There's no ceiling for the current side and management.

Mar 25, 2010
Cumbernauld
Get a life! If you can't be proud of the team after the performance they put in tonight against the the controversy that they have had to endure over the last two weeks then shame on you.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
It's none of my business, I genuinely thought you'd do it tonight.

After 20 minutes of the 1st half, most of us probably thought that too.

In life as in football, sometimes one doesn't get what one deserves.

Don't worry, it'll be all the more sweeter when it happens.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here