Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley Fan in Peace

Cheerful

May 16, 2016
I don't have any history or any particular affection for Brighton, I've been to the Amex and the Withdean and my only comment is that it is a bloody long drive home. But the top 3 were so close it could very easily be Burnley in your position, so good luck for tonight, I hope you get an early goal and are able to put the pressure on. You have a classy manager and if there is any justice we will see you in the Premier League next season as you clearly deserve to be there.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I don't have any history or any particular affection for Brighton, I've been to the Amex and the Withdean and my only comment is that it is a bloody long drive home. But the top 3 were so close it could very easily be Burnley in your position, so good luck for tonight, I hope you get an early goal and are able to put the pressure on. You have a classy manager and if there is any justice we will see you in the Premier League next season as you clearly deserve to be there.

If there was any justice, we'd be there already

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Hollow words. Well-meaning and appreciated, but still just empty words. If we don't make it, after such a consistently good season, on the back of two or three weeks of rotten luck, it takes more than kind sentiments to make some of us feel much better.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Thanks, we need all the support and luck we can get.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Any goodwill is appreciated.

Congrats on your promotion. I hope we are playing you in the league next year.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Cheers fella.

Que Sera Sera and all that.

Enjoy next year.

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe

after all the hate we've given you lot I am surprised you're so calm and kind to us!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

mrbridger2016

May 16, 2016

if there was play off for moaning you lot would be up there.

In any given season when it ends this close there are always ifs, buts and maybes. Maybe you should be looking at why you only beat one side in the top six, or why you drew far too many games away from home, or why you fell to pieces over xmas? I'd hope for your sake that the club are doing this as then they can look to rectify it so that you can go that one step further next season and not have to make excuses at the end of a tough year. (if indeed you dont go up via the play offs)

Football fans are, quite rightly, very insular and dont look at the other clubs who also have plenty of ifs buts and maybes. If boro hadnt had a perfectly good goal disallowed against Birmingham, or if we didnt drop 14, yes 14, points against the dross of rotherham, mk dons, charlton and Bristol City then you wouldnt have even been close going into the final game of the season. Conversely if we hadnt got last minute goals against Hull and Bolton then we wouldnt have gone up

Your fans need to man up for tonight too. If you go 1 up anytime before the 75th minute then it is game on as the sheff wed players and fans will suddenly be sweating and i actually fancy you to do this despite the injuries.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Umm not quite sure I agree with that, other than being cheated of Stephens for most of the second half at Boro, I'm not sure we can claim to have lost out to Boro and Burnley because of an injustice. Barton staying on the pitch possibly did influence the result against Burnley but other than the "cheating" at Boro I'm not sure we've suffered too many injustices this season?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Barton staying on the pitch possibly did influence the result against Burnley
Almost certainly I'd say.
but other than the "cheating" at Boro I'm not sure we've suffered too many injustices this season?
It's not refereeing mistakes but the luck we had on Friday feels the same. Sticking to referee mistakes, all clubs get decisions go both for and against them, I think we've had quite a few against this season, but debating and counting them all is futile. I know we've been robbed, and that doesn't help.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Umm not quite sure I agree with that, other than being cheated of Stephens for most of the second half at Boro, I'm not sure we can claim to have lost out to Boro and Burnley because of an injustice. Barton staying on the pitch possibly did influence the result against Burnley but other than the "cheating" at Boro I'm not sure we've suffered too many injustices this season?

I didn't only mean the refereeing decisions that have gone against us since Stampy McStampface did the polka on Kayals leg and got a Championship medal for his trouble, it's more the horrendous amount of serious injuries to our better players, the penalties against us earlier in the season, and the pens we should have got, and the stats for the whole season, top longer than any other team, joint highest goal scorers, a points total that would guarantee automatics in any other season. Perhaps it's nothing to do with justice, in a legal sense but in a moral sense,we deserve better.

Up your hoop!

Belial

May 13, 2016
I didn't only mean the refereeing decisions that have gone against us since Stampy McStampface did the polka on Kayals leg and got a Championship medal for his trouble, it's more the horrendous amount of serious injuries to our better players, the penalties against us earlier in the season, and the pens we should have got, and the stats for the whole season, top longer than any other team, joint highest goal scorers, a points total that would guarantee automatics in any other season. Perhaps it's nothing to do with justice, in a legal sense but in a moral sense,we deserve better.

The aim of the game is to be the 2 teams with highest points and best goal difference... we didn't manage that. Over a season every team has injuries and decisions against them and if it was the other way round and Barton was in Blue and White we wouldn't be saying anything. Got to make up for it now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here