Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any chance of NOT annoucing the Away Att. tonight?

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Or better still the attendance at all.

When they announced at Derby "and an ALL TIME NEW CLUB RECORD OF...." all it did was pipe up the Derby fans and create a bit of a head in hands moment for the home ends...

And this whole clapping away fans really needs to stop, please.

If we could just not mention it, just for tonight of all nights, it would be great. Sheff Weds are usually quite a noisy bunch, lets not give them anything to perk them up....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Do any other clubs do this? Must confess I have never clapped an away attendance and don't expect to get clapped when I go away either. It's all a bit fingers down the throat for me.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Can we also not have the shout of "whoooo?" when opposing teams make a substitution.

yes lets just sit still and munch on some werthers originals, why we are at it lets not do the you're shit goalkeeper chant or the north stand west stand chant, lets not sing to SBTS, lets not call the ref and wanker or make obscene gestures at the away fans

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Or better still the attendance at all.

When they announced at Derby "and an ALL TIME NEW CLUB RECORD OF...." all it did was pipe up the Derby fans and create a bit of a head in hands moment for the home ends...

And this whole clapping away fans really needs to stop, please.

If we could just not mention it, just for tonight of all nights, it would be great. Sheff Weds are usually quite a noisy bunch, lets not give them anything to perk them up....

Sheffield Wednesday didn't even announce our team before the game on Friday...I agree we should not be announcing away figs!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Normally I don't mind, but lets not applaud them.

Shouldn't do it EVER not just tonight.

I simply do not care how many they, or anyone else for that matter brings.

And while I'm on it, how about we stop lighting the Away end in their colours, supplying them their local beer and leaving thankyou cards out for travelling x amount of miles too.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Sheffield Wednesday didn't even announce our team before the game on Friday.

The Albion team was announced twice as was the Wednesday team. As with virtually every ground the away team was not announced with too much gusto

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
yes lets just sit still and munch on some werthers originals, why we are at it lets not do the you're shit goalkeeper chant or the north stand west stand chant, lets not sing to SBTS, lets not call the ref and wanker or make obscene gestures at the away fans

I will be supporting the team tonight as vocally as always - I just think the "whooo?" thing at substitutions is pathetic.

Now, where are my Werthers....

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Don't mind them announcing the attendance, but should be glib and matter of fact and don't announce the away support. Shouldn't do anything at all to make life more comfortable for the away team/support.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
For a club that gets an awful lot right, applauding away fans is just odd and yes, very cringeworthy. It's only for the benefit of the away supporters - as if the comfy seats, special beers and other facilities aren't enough already. What next, meet and greets on the train down from Sheffield? Bunting? Goody bags?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
The Albion team was announced twice as was the Wednesday team. As with virtually every ground the away team was not announced with too much gusto

Was it? I must have missed that....Not after the teams came out it wasn't!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
This debate comes up all the time.

I think we should be selective. If we're winning, it's an evening kick off, the away fans are nice and they've travelled a long way. I don't mind giving a clap. A show that we're football fans who appreciate what it's like. Nothing wrong with that at all IMO. But tonight there is no possible reason for us to announce it. None at all.

"Get the ******* off the pitch" they repeatedly chanted when Knockaert went down on Friday. He was clearly injured badly and instead of applauding (like most civilised fans do) they stood and cheered and chanted. Total lack of class.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Can we also not have the shout of "whoooo?" when opposing teams make a substitution.

My favourite ever 'Who?' at the Amex was when Gerrard came on.

I like 'Who?'

On another matter... I'm tempted to suggest that we don't announce the Wednesday team either. They did this to us on Friday. I say tempted, because I really don't want to go after the lowest common denominator of football spirit. Let's be charming and still win.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
For a club that gets an awful lot right, applauding away fans is just odd and yes, very cringeworthy. It's only for the benefit of the away supporters - as if the comfy seats, special beers and other facilities aren't enough already. What next, meet and greets on the train down from Sheffield? Bunting? Goody bags?

Millwall used to offer a meet and greet service.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here