Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Cikdi3qWwAA8GdV.jpg:large

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Having just finished 3rd in a two horse race, the Spurs players ought to have the perfect mentality for the England set up.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The 3 dropouts;

Rashford
Delph
???

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Delph, Wilshire and Rashford to be the 3 dropped for the final 23. No surprises really

Oct 25, 2003
sounds about right- can't really think of anyone who missed out that's that great

i'm sure there will be the inevitable injuries though

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
sounds about right- can't really think of anyone who missed out that's that great

i'm sure there will be the inevitable injuries though

I really don't like the bloke, but on stats, form, experience or physical condition, Jermaine Defoe had every right to a place in that 26.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Delph, Wilshire and Rashford to be the 3 dropped for the final 23. No surprises really

Woy has said that, if fit, Wilshire will be in so I'm sure he won't be the one to be dropped

I'm more concerned about three CBs, one of whom can't defend

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
Andy Carroll should be in there. He would offer something different, he would frighten the life out f teams coming on for 20 mins if we losing. He'd be unplayable.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Andy Carroll should be in there. He would offer something different, he would frighten the life out f teams coming on for 20 mins if we losing. He'd be unplayable.

He wouldn't at all. Every single challenge he made would be given as a foul. He'd be reffed out of the game, just as Crouch often was.

Oct 25, 2003
His record stacks up.

Most reliable finisher available to England right now I think, despite clearly being a bit of a dick.

his record certainly stacks up at club level but even when he was at his absolute pinnacle and banging them in for tottenham I really don't think he ever successfully made the step up....this isn't an England legend we're talking about here. Looking through his record he's scored 19 goals for England which in itself is alright but only two, maybe three of them came against anyone vaguely decent- Italy and Netherlands (in friendlies) and Poland in a 2006 WC qualifier. You could perhaps add a fourth when he scored against Slovenia in the 2010 world cup. He's undoubtedly a top striker at PL level but taking a 33 year old striker who has never been that great at international level would be a huge gamble

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
his record certainly stacks up at club level but even when he was at his absolute pinnacle and banging them in for tottenham I really don't think he ever successfully made the step up....this isn't an England legend we're talking about here. Looking through his record he's scored 19 goals for England which in itself is alright but only two, maybe three of them came against anyone vaguely decent- Italy and Netherlands (in friendlies) and Poland in a 2006 WC qualifier. You could perhaps add a fourth when he scored against Slovenia in the 2010 world cup. He's undoubtedly a top striker at PL level but taking a 33 year old striker who has never been that great at international level would be a huge gamble

Less or more of a gamble than including a 19 year old who has never even tried on the kit?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No surprises, especially in defence where we look utter gash

We look sh!t all over the park, except arguably up front. Put this midfield into context - Leicester's Kante was one of the players of the season here - he'd absolutely WALK into our first team. For France, he's FIFTH choice. I look at our midfield and don't see anyone with sufficient class to both keep the ball in tight circumstances and prevent the opposition from doing the same. Ali and Drinkwater I'm happy with, but nobody else.

Our defence is, as you correctly point out, utter toilet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here