Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please, No Fanzone Tonight

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Tonight is not the night for the false generation of 'atmosphere' via the medium of recorded music. No Richie Reynolds, no bullshit messages of support that the club have collected from fans this week, no Ring of Fire, no PA at all, bar Susssex by the Sea. What we need is everyone in their seats as early as possible, singing chanting and getting fired up. No interruptions. Make it intimidating because we are making the atmosphere ourselves.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
If the atmosphere doesn't develop though it would be a very quiet and nervy atmosphere. I can see there being a great deal of people not in their seats at kick-off too because of travel & ticket problems.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
We need ALL of that.

Fans are going to be nervous tonight the atmosphere will be very difficult to get going and every encouragement is needed.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I like 'Ring of Fire'. Maybe they could play it a bit earlier, and then give the crowd a few minutes to start their own songs before kick-off.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I agree.

I love 'Ring of Fire' as well, but tonight, how about this at top volume!

or something similar...

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Tonight is not the night for the false generation of 'atmosphere' via the medium of recorded music. No Richie Reynolds, no bullshit messages of support that the club have collected from fans this week, no Ring of Fire, no PA at all, bar Susssex by the Sea. What we need is everyone in their seats as early as possible, singing chanting and getting fired up. No interruptions. Make it intimidating because we are making the atmosphere ourselves.

To be fair to the club they tried that during the first season.... a spell of no PA before the teams came out to allow the atmosphere to develop of its own accord. And nothing happened. Easy to slate the club but the music does now get far more of a buzz around the place as most people are too busy/indifferent chatting on the concourses before they stroll in as the teams come out. It's nothing new - as far back as I can remember (1979) we've had one of those crowds which generally tends to be lifted by the team, rather than the other way around.

BlueWhite

Dec 28, 2003
Alan Mullery famously opened the dressing room door to let the players hear Albion fan's noise before a game at home to Palace and said 'that's my team talk'; it's a shame Chris can't do the same tonight (cos it would be "that's my team talk, Fat Boy Slim's remix of "Put Your Hands Up For Detroit")

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I like Fanzone. I think it works. Cannot understand the antipathy either to RoF as it was a fan generated 'hit' and pretty much everyone gets involved. I will be purchasing a NEW scarf to twirl during tonight's rendition.

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
Alan Mullery famously opened the dressing room door to let the players hear Albion fan's noise before a game at home to Palace and said 'that's my team talk'; it's a shame Chris can't do the same tonight (cos it would be "that's my team talk, Fat Boy Slim's remix of "Put Your Hands Up For Detroit")

PUT YOUR HANDS UP

HANDS IN THE AIR

PUT YOUR HANDS UP

HANDS IN THE AIR

"That's my team talk"

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Got to be the fans giving it the big "Great Escape" all the way.

I think that will get a good airing tonight. I mentioned that to a mate at the weekend and he got sniffy about it! Seems whatever songs get sung at the Amex there will be people to moan about them.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Put your Hands up for Brighton is part of Fanzone

I like Fanzone. I think it works. Cannot understand the antipathy either to RoF as it was a fan generated 'hit' and pretty much everyone gets involved. I will be purchasing a NEW scarf to twirl during tonight's rendition.

I like Fanzone too. It's better than everyone ambling in and just mumbling amongst themselves.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Please let the atmosphere build without Ring of Fire, we don't need that shit tonight thanks, surely we can get an atmosphere going 5 mins before kick off without props? Fanzone is OK but do we need it tonight?

So much to be excited about without being led tonight.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
I like the AC/DC suggestion. Follow with 'Tanz Mit Laibach' LOUD. Then GOSBTS and then the Millwall hum to intimidate before the whistle, then us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here