Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will there really be rail delays and cancellations on the trains tonight?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
...or do the club just want us to get there early to buy more stuff?

:moo::moo::moo:

Tonight's ....??? Tonight.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Getting home is going to be GRIM on the trains tonight if there is extra time and penalties.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Best to adopt a Zen-like calmness towards the trains tonight. Accept they are going to be totally unfit for purpose after the match, make alternative arrangements as best you can, then just relax and enjoy the football.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Best to adopt a Zen-like calmness towards the trains tonight. Accept they are going to be totally unfit for purpose after the match, make alternative arrangements as best you can, then just relax and enjoy the football.

Exactly.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Walk back to Brighton and sleep on the beach ???

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Already seen trains cancelled and delays this morning, I really hope thay SASTA are scaremongering about tonight but if you assume the worst and plan accordingly you should be alright. I'm taking a half day and getting there early.

If you can get a bus then I'd make that Plan A to take the strain off those who need to get the train.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Shouldn't this be everyone's mindset all the time when travelling by train, expect delays, cancellations and missed connections and then celebrate when you almost arrive on time

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm not going anywhere near a train tonight, it sounds like it has all the ingredients in place to be chilli-con-carnage. P&R for me.

What time to they open, 5 ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
in normal circumstances there would be only a handful of trains either way after 10, half of them the 3 car service. if they put on a special for the game, it would only be one or two. point being, its difficult to do late evening get away by rail anyway.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
The Amex is out there on an island and will always affect crowds.

I got a load of stick on another thread before when I said that however this proves it.Getting there and back is a pain.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The Amex is out there on an island and will always affect crowds.

I got a load of stick on another thread before when I said that however this proves it.Getting there and back is a pain.

Not if the trains run to the published timetable it isn't.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
I checked at railway station and they confirmed that after 10 trains will terminate at Lewes and a bus service will run between Lewes and Eastbourne. I asked how many busses and was told normal amount which is 4. When I asked how can about 1000 or more get on 4 busses they laughed and asked where that many passengers would be coming from ,I said the Amex and was amaze when told they did not realise there was a football match on ! As I cannot stand for long periods I may well have to watch it on telly instead of the Amex and I bet I am not the only one. You just could not make it up

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I checked at railway station and they confirmed that after 10 trains will terminate at Lewes and a bus service will run between Lewes and Eastbourne. I asked how many busses and was told normal amount which is 4. When I asked how can about 1000 or more get on 4 busses they laughed and asked where that many passengers would be coming from ,I said the Amex and was amaze when told they did not realise there was a football match on ! As I cannot stand for long periods I may well have to watch it on telly instead of the Amex and I bet I am not the only one. You just could not make it up

http://www.southernrailway.com/

Brighton and Hove Albion
Due to football play-off's the engineering work between Eastbourne and Lewes which had been planned to take place late on Monday 16th May will now not take place with only the 00:05 London Victoria to Eastbourne service being replaced by a bus from Lewes to Eastbourne in the early hours of Tuesday morning.
The work will take place as planned on Tuesday to Thursday evenings.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I'm not going anywhere near a train tonight, it sounds like it has all the ingredients in place to be chilli-con-carnage. P&R for me.

What time to they open, 5 ?

That's the time on the OS

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'm expecting it to be impossible to make a West Coastway from Brighton after the game - or to be able to get on the last service due to overcrowding - if there is extra time and penalties, so hope we win and a few bars stay open to celebrate to make the wait for an early morning service more pleasant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here