Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"we did one of the best performances of the season"

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I thought they looked a good team going forward, certainly better than we were, but if they were that good every game, they wouldn't have finished 15 points behind us. I don't think that they can put in another show like that away from home and, if we're at our best, we'll beat them.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I thought they looked a good team going forward, certainly better than we were, but if they were that good every game, they wouldn't have finished 15 points behind us. I don't think that they can put in another show like that away from home and, if we're at our best, we'll beat them.

Agreed. If we're at our best. Hopefully our main men Knockaert, Stephens, Hemed, Goldson, Zamora and March are all on top form!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Agreed. If we're at our best. Hopefully our main men Knockaert, Stephens, Hemed, Goldson, Zamora and March are all on top form!

This is obviously my worry. Actually central midfield in general is my main worry. BUT......

Wednesday looked poor at the back on Friday. Admittedly we couldn't score against them but that was mainly down to the disruption of the injuries. If the Hemed header that hit the post had gone in it would have been a totally different game, injury or no injury.

Our best chance today is set pieces. Dunk is back and Skalak should be fit enough to deliver them on to his head. If we can push in to their half a bit more and see more of the ball that we did on Friday then we should get corners and free kicks around the box. That's the hope I'm clinging to. It won't be classic Brighton but if we can nick one early on it's game on.

*crosses fingers* *touches some wood*

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This is obviously my worry. Actually central midfield in general is my main worry. BUT......

Wednesday looked poor at the back on Friday. Admittedly we couldn't score against them but that was mainly down to the disruption of the injuries. If the Hemed header that hit the post had gone in it would have been a totally different game, injury or no injury.

Our best chance today is set pieces. Dunk is back and Skalak should be fit enough to deliver them on to his head. If we can push in to their half a bit more and see more of the ball that we did on Friday then we should get corners and free kicks around the box. That's the hope I'm clinging to. It won't be classic Brighton but if we can nick one early on it's game on.

*crosses fingers* *touches some wood*

Yep - where there's life, there's hope, and all that.

Perhaps Jiri behind Baldock, and Murphy and Lualua wide, on the grounds that those two are the most likely to draw free kicks - for Jiri to do his thing :thumbsup:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Irony alert!

But when you start losing the back-ups for the main men as well - i.e. Sidwell for Stephens - you know you're up against it.

But in terms of tonight, you never know........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here