Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Game plan for tomorrow night

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
To expect us to put three more goals past a parsimonious Sheff Wed in 90 minutes is some going, so CH will have to plan how to maximise the most out of the limited number of players available, possibly for 120 minutes, while also being able to adapt our formation. With this in mind, a few ideas:

-- start with a 4-4-1-1 formation, with Rosenoir on the right wing, with a line-up something like:

-------------------- Stockdale ---------------
Bruno ----- Greer ----- Dunk ----- Bong
Rosenoir --- Kayal --- Crofts --- Skalak
-------------------- Murphy -------------------
------------------- Baldock -------------------

-- for the last ten minutes of the first half, shift to a 4-4-2, with Dunk playing up front, Rosenior to right back, Bruno to centre back, Skalak to right wing to whip in his Beckhamesque crosses on to Dunk's head, and Murphy to run at them from the left

-- look to bring attacking substitutions any time from 45 to 75 minutes: KLL, Towell (it might even be worth starting with him, and then bringing Manu off the bench) and Wilson.

--

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
When you need at least 2 goals to progress you don't plan for 120 minutes I can assure you...You plan to get 2 goals as soon as possible and go from there.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
What is this sudden obsession with playing Dunk up front. Last 10 minutes maybe if we are still in with a shout. Not a chance of it happening before that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Game plan has got to be go for a goal but keep it tight and do not concede one and hopefully go in at half time with the deficit either reduced or cleared. Then who knows what may happen

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Does this mean the first twenty mins we'll be going for it for a change

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Attack, Attack, Attack...

Get in and around the box, draw fouls, free kicks, penalties anything...

Attack, Attack, Attack...

We have absolutely nothing to lose go for it, no time for caution or a slow start....

As we used to sing.... Get into em, feck em up, get into em....

Early goal and they will panic, if the crowd are right behind the team it will effect them, doubt will creep in.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We know what Wednesday will do. They will attempt to keep possession (if they can) and frustrate Albion attempts to get the ball and build attacks. So we've got to get possession better than them. If that doesn't work Wednesday will start fouling and feigning injury like Burnley.

What worked against Bristol C, Leeds, Fulham and QPR is not going to work against Wednesday.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1071581

I have my doubts about the style summaries mentioned on the above web page though: (I think they've got the summaries arse about face, got the details reversed for each club?)

e.g. Albion sequences of passes at Boro was five, instead of Boro three. That indicated Albion (with greater possession before Dunk went off) were more of a passing side than Boro. I think we should do the same thing again. (I thought we looked good for a win at Boro until fate intervened?) Keep hold of the ball and try an take control instead of going gung-ho. Sounds a bit like Poyet.

Which players are best at keeping hold of the ball? All much the same and not good enough to hold on to a lead at times.

Question: who is actually our fastest player up front nowadays, to run off the shoulder of the defender? (like Vardy) Not much to choose between them?

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I am never in favour of Albion scoring too early (first 10 minutes) i feel you have to earn the right to play physcologically scoring too early hands the advantage to the other team-just my opinion.

This does not change tomorrow either......The Boro game was one for sitting back and taking it slowly..

Tomorrow night we need to be bang up for it-they *Sheffield* need to know after 90 or 120 minutes that they have had to work for it.

We are 2-0 down this (David Stockdale :lolol: ) is not just another game so treat it like a cup final please...

Albion to score after 20 minutes please.... and be 2-0 up after the half hour mark......Thanks.

Albion my Albion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I believe we should hang back and play incredible defence that will surprise them and have them fall back into a "comfort zone." In the second half we could then put on a full on attack-attack-attack that will surprise them and create a panic when the Owls thought they had it won in the first half. I think this will start yielding Albion goals and throw all the momentum behind us with a roaring and singing crowd. SW will not know how to respond.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
If you focus on keeping it tight you're also restricting your attacking play,so go out and bang the goals in as goals are what we need.If they score then so be it...our goal clearly is to get goals and get Wednesday rattled ASAP.
If we start slow then Wednesday's confidence will grow and it's imperative we get them panicking.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I believe we should hang back and play incredible defence that will surprise them and have them fall back into a "comfort zone." In the second half we could then put on a full on attack-attack-attack that will surprise them and create a panic when the Owls thought they had it won in the first half. I think this will start yielding Albion goals and throw all the momentum behind us with a roaring and singing crowd. SW will not know how to respond.

Half the ground will have left by then the other half asleep..

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I am never in favour of Albion scoring too early (first 10 minutes) i feel you have to earn the right to play physcologically scoring too early hands the advantage to the other team-just my opinion.

This does not change tomorrow either......The Boro game was one for sitting back and taking it slowly..

Tomorrow night we need to be bang up for it-they *Sheffield* need to know after 90 or 120 minutes that they have had to work for it.

We are 2-0 down this (David Stockdale :lolol: ) is not just another game so treat it like a cup final please...

Albion to score after 20 minutes please.... and be 2-0 up after the half hour mark......Thanks.
Nonsense...
If we score early Wednesday will shite themselves big time and this will give us a massive boost.This is the playoffs not a league game and we're 2-0 down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here