Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spurs

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Guaranteed to lose to Newcastle today, even with Newcastle already being relegated.
Spurs totally imploded at that draw with Chelsea. Their season ended at that game.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
The gooners have suddenly woken up around social media, it's a little late for all that. Still, I guess that puts to bed the "best side in the premiership" nonsense.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Given we were predicted to finish 6/7th and Arsenal should have won the league - I'm not sure either set of fans have much to gloat about!

Come on, admit it, you are gutted to have blown it at the very last knockings.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Given we were predicted to finish 6/7th and Arsenal should have won the league - I'm not sure either set of fans have much to gloat about!

Oh I think they have.

Arsenal know they've been crap this season, spurs think they've had an amazing season yet once again Spurs finish behind arsenal.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Guaranteed to lose to Newcastle today, even with Newcastle already being relegated.
Wish you'd told me earlier How much did you make?

Spurs blew it at home to West Brom and havent recovered from that. A problem with a young team.
It's nothing to do with them being young, they lost the chance of winning the PL when they didn't beat WB.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Wish you'd told me earlier How much did you make?

It's nothing to do with them being young, they lost the chance of winning the PL when they didn't beat WB.

I don't bet on football as a rule. If you'd seen my record on cycling betting last season, and this, you'd wonder why I even bother betting at all :(

I wouldn't have predicted that score, obviously, but come on, a Newcastle win was pretty obvious here. I'm not sure if the odds would have reflected this as I didn't look.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I wouldn't have predicted that score, obviously, but come on, a Newcastle win was pretty obvious here.
Spurs needed a point to finish above Arsenal, and Newcastle have been rubbish all season, it wasn't obvious to me.
I'm not sure if the odds would have reflected this as I didn't look.
I don't think they would have.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Tired football cliche bollocks. The bottom line is that Spurs were the only team to properly challenge Leicester for the title, they're a young team. Arsenal never contended for the title.

Why take the piss out of a club who will be the major contributors to England's Euro 16 team?

They imploded spectacularly but better to be first or second for most of the season than stealing second on the final day after being fourth for most of the season.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Spurs needed a point to finish above Arsenal, and Newcastle have been rubbish all season, it wasn't obvious to me.
I don't think they would have.

The flip side:

Spurs totally deflated after the Chelsea game. They lost it big time there as can be seen by their discipline in the game.
No real difference in finishing 2nd or 3rd, bar rivalry with Arsenal.
They couldn't even beat West Brom, who had nothing to play for and are pretty rubbish.
Newcastle revitalized and playing for pride.

All seemed pretty obvious to me. Or at least as obvious as anything can be in sport, where admittedly anything can happen.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Tired football cliche bollocks. The bottom line is that Spurs were the only team to properly challenge Leicester for the title, they're a young team. Arsenal never contended for the title.

Why take the piss out of a club who will be the major contributors to England's Euro 16 team?

They imploded spectacularly but better to be first or second for most of the season than stealing second on the final day after being fourth for most of the season.

Amen to all of that!

And I speak as someone who couldn't give a monkeys about either team (although if pushed then I prefer Spurs to Arsenal).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No real difference in finishing 2nd or 3rd, bar rivalry with Arsenal.
That's a pretty big reason, bigger than Newcastle's reason to play for pride.
All seemed pretty obvious to me. Or at least as obvious as anything can be in sport, where admittedly anything can happen.
Next time, please say so before the game.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
That's a pretty big reason, bigger than Newcastle's reason to play for pride.
Next time, please say so before the game.

Sorry, have I got detention now?

My last post on it as I know you love an argument on here.

I'll just leave you with this I think:kiss:

https://youtu.be/kQFKtI6gn9Y

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

No, it's really not.

What it is is bloody funny though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here