Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jack to a King - The Swansea Story

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Looks like no-one was interested but I watched most of it last night and this morning and it is a very good watch. If you haven't seen it, it is a history of a club that had to get a result on the last day of the season to avoid dropping out of the league, a fans group ousting an unpopular chairman who bought the club for peanuts, brought in a despised right hand man and then wanted more money than he paid to get out, a move to a new stadium from a loved but crumbling old one, the rise of the club under a Spanish speaking manager in his first job and a general upturn in fortunes. Sound familiar?

And it ends with a Championship Play Off final. :) I know a lot of people who would be interested in it would have seen it already but if you haven't, give it a watch.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I think I saw this a few years ago on the BBC. Does it involve the fans group at the end buying the club? Was a good watch

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I think I saw this a few years ago on the BBC. Does it involve the fans group at the end buying the club? Was a good watch
Doh - you spoilt the ending! :) Yep - a group of people raised £50000 each and then tried to run the club by committee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here