Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brexit The Movie.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Anything made or said by the leave campaign makes me want to vote stay.

and most of the people in the stay campaign make me want to vote leave.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
just hope the people watch it. How anybody in their right mind doesn't want their country's own sovereignty is beyond me

I shan't be watching as the first thing you see is s still image of Farage! If there was an hour long film by the Remain team then I suspect the leave supporters wouldn't watch that!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I shan't be watching as the first thing you see is s still image of Farage! If there was an hour long film by the Remain team then I suspect the leave supporters wouldn't watch that!

The most pathetic of all arguments "so and so who I don't like is voting one way so I will vote the other way"

Ridiculous

Go on watch it, it's based in FACT of what is happening in Europe rather than the COULD and MIGHT fiction that you're so blindly supporting

D

Deleted member 22389

Why exactly to do you consider it undemocratic? The laws are passed by a majority of elected representatives.

It is undemocratic for the simple reason, if we had a vote on say stopping EU migration for 6 months, and the majority of this country agreed to it, there is absolutely nothing the EU would do about it. That is why the EU is undemocratic, nobody is accountable.

This is how you have to deal with the EU
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world...U-bid-control-North-Sea-oil-industry-Brussels

Last edited by a moderator:

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
It is undemocratic for the simple reason, if we had a vote on say stopping EU migration for 6 months, and the majority of this country agreed to it, there is absolutely nothing the EU would do about it. That is why the EU is undemocratic, nobody is accountable.

This is how you have to deal with the EU
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world...U-bid-control-North-Sea-oil-industry-Brussels

On that basis local councils are also undemocratic. Central government regularly overrules the wishes of the local council and its residents - especially when it comes to planning decisions!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why exactly to do you consider it undemocratic? The laws are passed by a majority of elected representatives.

I think he dislikes it because with 28 countries, ie votes, it's too democratic.

D

Deleted member 22389

On that basis local councils are also undemocratic. Central government regularly overrules the wishes of the local council and its residents - especially when it comes to planning decisions!

Actually I had completely lost faith in Lewes District Council, they wanted to build on all the local car parks in Peacehaven, Newhaven and Seaford, the residents got together campaigned, and a couple of months ago Lewes District Council binned the plans, so in that respect democracy has worked here.

Yoda

English & European
The most pathetic of all arguments "so and so who I don't like is voting one way so I will vote the other way"

Ridiculous

Go on watch it, it's based in FACT of what is happening in Europe rather than the COULD and MIGHT fiction that you're so blindly supporting

Ok, I've been quite on this topic for now, but lets talk about a "FACT" that the leave campaign keep going on about then shall we?

"If we leave we will be able to control our own boarders again."

WRONG!!!

If we leave, but want to remain a part of the European Economic Area (which we will have to for trade purposes, otherwise a lot of trans-national companies will up and leave), we still have to allow FREE MOVEMENT for all of the member citizens. Just like we do at the moment.

Yes, we will have control over the the rest of the world/countries not in the EEA, but we have that already.

Myth 1 blown out of the water.

D

Deleted member 22389

I think he dislikes it because with 28 countries it's too democratic.

Hungary and other countries have said they are closing their borders to refugees and economic migrants, but the EU has told them they must accept forced migrant quotas. Must accept? This is dictating to people and countries what they should do and is at the opposite end of true democracy.

D

Deleted member 22389

Ok, I've been quite on this topic for now, but lets talk about a "FACT" that the leave campaign keep going on about then shall we?

WRONG!!!

If we leave, but want to remain a part of the European Economic Area (which we will have to for trade purposes, otherwise a lot of trans-national companies will up and leave), we still have to allow FREE MOVEMENT for all of the member citizens. Just like we do at the moment.

Yes, we will have control over the the rest of the world/countries not in the EEA, but we have that already.

Who says we have to accept it? We create our own trade deal with the EU on our own terms. If they don't like that what are they going to do about it? End of the day trade will still go on regardless. The Germans, French, Italians, Spanish will still sell us their product.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

WRONG!!!

Wrong

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here