Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just followed an ambulance and got home well quick !

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Never done it before but an ambulance had its blues on and decided to follow it as everybody was pulling over. Straight down the a27 and back home in double quick time. Don't know why I haven't done it before.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I'm not sure but I think it's illegal to do that.

But if you do then the likelihood of being stopped in small. They're obviously on their way to something more important than you.

I wouldn't attempt it behind a police car mind you.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I'm not sure but I think it's illegal to do that.

But if you do then the likelihood of being stopped in small. They're obviously on their way to something more important than you.

I wouldn't attempt it behind a police car mind you.

Less point. People are far less likely to hastily get out the way for the old bill

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Could be on to something here. Why don't you write in to a government department and suggest it's added to the highway code, it's a way to ease traffic congestion. Then you could see your GP and tell them you're having issues with your judgement and need something to stop moments of total stupidity:)

el punal

Never done it before but an ambulance had its blues on and decided to follow it as everybody was pulling over. Straight down the a27 and back home in double quick time. Don't know why I haven't done it before.

Perhaps it's because ambulances on emergency calls don't always go past your house. How very inconvenient of them.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Don't see the problem. Got some angry looks but only cos they don't have the bottle to do the same !

Don't you think the person driving the ambulance has got better things to concentrate on rather than some idiot tailgating them. Certainly isn't something to be bragging about.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
If the opportunity arises and your car is in the right position there is nothing wrong with it as long as you aren't speeding or following it through on a red light.

Someones got to follow it :shrug:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Don't see the problem. Got some angry looks but only cos they don't have the bottle to do the same !

Just wait till somebody pulls out into your path because they see the blue lights pass them and assume the road's now clear :thumbsup:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I ve seen someone stopped for doing that. Pulled in to let an ambulance pass and it was being followed by some idiot in a BMW. In front of us was an unmarked car which immediately pulled out and followed it. Saw them stopped a little further along.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here