Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings; Sheffield Wednesday

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Have I missed the thread?

Stockdale 7 Didn't do anything wrong, nothing he could do about the goals but distribution a bit off.
Bruno 6 A difficult night for the team but especially for Bruno having to come inside and play centre back.
Goldson 6 Strong and solid until he went off, he's a big loss.
Greer 6 A very tough night for him and his distribution was below his usual standard.
Bong 7 He was the pick of the defence, but he didn't really get overly tested defensively.
Knockaert 6 Not really involved but no lack of effort or work rate, gutted by his injury.
Kayal 6 Very tough for him without his partner, not as influential.
Sidwell 5 Not influential on the team at all, not suited for a 4-4-2.
Skalak 6 Wasted on the left wing but put in a couple of deliveries and will shine on Monday on the right.
Baldock 4 I give him credit for his attitude, demanding work rate from others at 2-0 down.
Hemed 6 He wasn't really able to get into the game, shame about the injury.

Subs
Wilson 5 Didn't make much of an impact on the game at all but was an outlet at times.
Rosenior 6 His usual quality on the ball and strong defensively but not really able to impose himself.
Towell 6 Loved the ambitious volley on the edge of the box, he looked tidy.

Yeh but it's not a hanging offence, was a 7 page thread

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Seriously? Thy were almost all playing out of position. Don't do ratings for this, just be glad we are still in it and have 11 players, most of them in their natural position, for Monday

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Seriously? Thy were almost all playing out of position. Don't do ratings for this, just be glad we are still in it and have 11 players, most of them in their natural position, for Monday

Doesn't prevent the need to review the game. Obviously there are circumstances to explain it, but there usually are. By your logic, why ever do ratings?

I can't find it, did you post in it? Could you link it? No worries if not.

Yeh - sorry am on phone - lucky can view NSC than do anything function wise on it

who was playing out of position except Bruno?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Defensively in midfield when we were a man down I thought Baldock was exceptional - maybe our best player in the last half hour.

You are probably correct but I suspect this thread was only started so Ninja could give him a low score.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Exceptional is a very strong word, maybe look up the definition before using it [MENTION=6678]severnside gull[/MENTION] - or show the meaning of the word more respect.

It is working.

I just completed a search.

Good luck finding a player ratings thread for Wednesday away, I still haven't!

He's played every game for us down the left- Why would we move him to the right now?

Only because Knockaert plays on the right and he's the priority - but Skalak is a right winger and probably the finest right winger in the league. If you want to understand why I think he'll be so good on that side, look up MK Dons away and his assist for Hemed. The man is a Beckham type winger, all quality delivery without wanting to go past players or drift inside. He's a quality player which is why he plays Internationally for the Czech Republic and has so many goals and assists for us already.

It's all theory at this point but there's basis behind my theory.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Exceptional is a very strong word, maybe look up the definition before using it [MENTION=6678]severnside gull[/MENTION] - or show the meaning of the word more respect.

Good luck finding a player ratings thread for Wednesday away, I still haven't!

Can't remember seeing one myself. [MENTION=12595]Acker79[/MENTION] << He will know!

Acker79

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
This is the only ratings thread for the Sheff Wed game, unless the other one has some completely unrelated title like 'Drum Monday' or 'New Stone Roses Single Being Released Tonight'. London Irish was just on the wind up.

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
Only because Knockaert plays on the right and he's the priority - but Skalak is a right winger and probably the finest right winger in the league. If you want to understand why I think he'll be so good on that side, look up MK Dons away and his assist for Hemed. The man is a Beckham type winger, all quality delivery without wanting to go past players or drift inside. He's a quality player which is why he plays Internationally for the Czech Republic and has so many goals and assists for us already.

It's all theory at this point but there's basis behind my theory.

hmm thats actually a really good point- he was quality that match. Okay point proved

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Stockdale 6 - one great save, will be disappointed with the first goal
Bruno 6.5 did very well as a makeshift CB, but played to tightly for the second goal
Bong 6
Greer 6
Goldson 6
Kayal 7.5
Sidwell 6
Knockaert 6
Skalak 6.5
Hemed 6
Baldock 6 - tireless shift

Wilson 5.5 - just didn't close down enough, particularly as all his colleagues were busting a gut, to close space.

Rosenoir 7 unclear why he was on the bench

Towell 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Stockdale 6 - one great save, will be disappointed with the first goal
Bruno 6.5 did very well as a makeshift CB, but played to tightly for the second goal
Bong 6
Greer 6
Goldson 6
Kayal 7.5
Sidwell 6
Knockaert 6
Skalak 6.5
Hemed 6
Baldock 6 - tireless shift

Wilson 5.5 - just didn't close down enough, particularly as all his colleagues were busting a gut, to close space.

Rosenoir 7 unclear why he was on the bench

Towell 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shows how verdicts differ, on the coach I was on we were all in agreement that is was the worst any of us had seen Kayal play and max score given by anybody was 5

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here