Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Don't despair.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
....that the footballing gods seem to be dealing us a very unlucky hand at the moment. We have proved over 46 games to be as good as anything in this division and at times, have clearly played the best football. If we are a Championship side next season, there is no way we will suffer the level of injuries that have clearly affected us this season. To reach 89 points with a succession of key players unavailable for weeks and months, was an amazing achievement. The spirit and character in the squad is second to none.
If it doesn't happen on Monday and history and circumstances are against us, we will eat this division next season. If you think this season was good, just wait til next. It will be a record-breaking ride and we will be top of the pile. No play-offs, no anguish. Automatic promotion with games to spare and players even better prepared for the PL. It will be the best season in our history.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
If only that were true, but the reality is that a few, if not more of our best players will move on to better things, It's the just the way things are.
And so we start all over again, Not even knowing what our goals will be!.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The first part i agree with.....the second? We shall see......even if we keep all our best players and add new ones and replace Zamora the team spirit might not be the same,Stephens and Kayal might return to getting injuries,the players might be here and Hughton not,Villa Might walk the Division with over 100 points...

For now i shall wallow in self pity and despair.....

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Luck can change in the blink of an eye.

We'll need luck on Monday, but past ill luck means nothing.

The Football Fates could just be on our side this time.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 27, 2012
the reality is that a few, if not more of our best players will move on to better things, It's the just the way things are.

Except thats not the way things are. The reality is that Bloom keeps hold of players, the Premier League (all the clubs) is so awash with cash that it won't be looking to buy even Kayal, Dunk, March, Stevens or Knockeart because they can afford better elsewhere especially abroad, and we are a good prospect for many players given our set up, recent season, manager, training ground etc etc.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I agree with the OP. I am resigned to missing out tomorrow but eagerly anticipating romping away with the Championship next season. On the way I hope we have the opportunity to show Mike Dean just what we think of him. 25,000 red cards waved at him as he prances out at the start of the match, if the FA dares to send him our way again.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bizarrely, after the Hull result yesterday I now have a feeling that we might pull off a miracle tomorrow. For what it's worth I thought we'd struggle against Derby and Boro and lose to Weds in the away leg.

I hope to find out that I am a Petulengro by late Monday night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here