Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WSU lift

MongoJerry

Mar 23, 2013
Why Isn't there one other than the goods lIft? ESU has one due to wheelchairs so just wondering if anyone knows why it wasn't designed in?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Why Isn't there one other than the goods lIft? ESU has one due to wheelchairs so just wondering if anyone knows why it wasn't designed in?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheelchairs can't access the seats in WSU.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Dunno if it can fit a wheelchair but I took someone who couldn't get up the stairs easily recently and the stewards took them up in it, they were brillio.

Must have changed their policy then. First season my wife had an operation meaning she couldn't walk upstairs and they bluntly refused her to use the lift. It meant, although she is an STH she had to miss 4 games. And no, she was not aware that her injury was going to happen before she bought her ST.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Must have changed their policy then. First season my wife had an operation meaning she couldn't walk upstairs and they bluntly refused her to use the lift. It meant, although she is an STH she had to miss 4 games. And no, she was not aware that her injury was going to happen before she bought her ST.

Obviously too late now, but the club would have relocated your family group if you had requested it (for the duration of her disability)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its a service lift, not a fans lift

If fans are incapable of humping up the stairs, then there are other areas of the ground that can cater. I do appreciate there may be some fans who are temporarily incapacitated, but I'm sure with a bit of advanced notice they'd sort you out.

As an aside, I wish there was a HEFFERS lane on those stairs. Quite annoying when you get stuck behind a couple of 16st wheezing buffaloes who feel they need to climb their Kilimanjaro side-by-side, blocking the whole bloody stairwell in the process.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Cost I imagine. Safety possibly in case of evacuation. And maybe research. I've been to a stadium abroad that relied on lifts for ferrying fans (I think it was Braga) and it was hopeless. Takes forever and under such strain, they are constantly breaking down. The club felt it had been a big mistake. Obviously, it might have been nice to have one for less mobile fans - but then that would encourage increased numbers of less mobile fans to buy in that area and the lift could just end up massively over-subscribed.

Often wondered why they didnt install escalators instead of stairs like at The Bernabau they all go up before the game and all come down after the game.

If there was a fire and the lifts/escalators closed down the scenario of a 1000 granddads having to be carried down the stairs would be awful.:moo: The average age is old enough up there don't encourage anymore???

The water slide would have helped in a emergency tbh.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Its a service lift, not a fans lift

If fans are incapable of humping up the stairs, then there are other areas of the ground that can cater. I do appreciate there may be some fans who are temporarily incapacitated, but I'm sure with a bit of advanced notice they'd sort you out.

As an aside, I wish there was a HEFFERS lane on those stairs. Quite annoying when you get stuck behind a couple of 16st wheezing buffaloes who feel they need to climb their Kilimanjaro side-by-side, blocking the whole bloody stairwell in the process.

It's bizarre isn't it? I've seen some refuse to attempt it unless their sherpers can come too. Presumably to carry their thermos flasks of tea and tonnes of Kendle mint cake they reward themselves for the ascent afterwards.

Also enjoy the first timers who look in disbelief at the continuing stairs and try to make a break for it at one of the hospitality levels only to realise they can't get through the doors.

I'm also a 16st HEFFER but at 6 foot 4 my gait allows me to gallop up the stairs THREE at a time leaving the wheezing minis in my wake.

Onto the OP's point though my dad had effectively no Achilles in one foot for about 9 months two seasons ago and they refused to let him use the lift but did as you point out offer to re-home our flock for the duration but as there are 8 of us burley men we didn't fancy breaking the group up or sitting in the ESL where we actually believed we'd turn into plastic and lose the power of our vocal chords.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If there was a fire and the lifts/escalators closed down the scenario of a 1000 granddads having to be carried down the stairs would be awful.:moo: The average age is old enough up there don't encourage anymore???

The water slide would have helped in a emergency tbh.[/QUOTE
How does the Bernabua overcome this problem although if memory serves me well there is also a staircase at the side of the escalator for those who prefer.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

The water slide would have helped in a emergency tbh.[/QUOTE
How does the Bernabua overcome this problem although if memory serves me well there is also a staircase at the side of the escalator for those who prefer.

Spanish elfin safety is a bit less stringent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here