Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton 'fan' attacked man with Downs syndrome wearing Palace shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That's terrible; it happened at Preston Park a week or so ago too. Same participants? Or just random Palace fans with Downes Syndrome hanging around Southern stations? Where next? - Hassocks, Three Bridges.......?

PS Despite the flippancy, I am genuinely sorry this happened to the lad, and I hope the culprit is caught.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Absolutely sick.
No doubt the billy big bollocks has bragged to someone how 'hard' he is.
Can we please redeem ourselves somewhat as a fanbase and help find this person. Disgusted to be associated with this kind of thing. Life is bigger than football. Whoever this is needs to take a long hard look at their life.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
For what happened, for the facetious first reply and the bad typing second reply . . . . . .WTF??!! :down:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Absolutely sick.
No doubt the billy big bollocks has bragged to someone how 'hard' he is.
Can we please redeem ourselves somewhat as a fanbase and help find this person. Disgusted to be associated with this kind of thing. Life is bigger than football. Whoever this is needs to take a long hard look at their life.

This doesn't add up. His Dad in his Twitter account, said the guy had been 'detained' by station staff and subsequently arrested. Unless they got the wrong man. If so, where are the CCTV images to help us track him down?

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
This doesn't add up. His Dad in his Twitter account, said the guy had been 'detained' by station staff and subsequently arrested. Unless they got the wrong man. If so, where are the CCTV images to help us track him down?

The lad in question is a family friend, of my mums so not that close to me. However, from what i've been told its under investigation and they're still looking for More witnesses.

The Optimist

Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Not that it's particularly relevant to the story, but the dad used to be a teacher and then headmaster at Lindfield junior school.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
This is disgusting. Absolutely abhorrent. I hope the 'fan ' is exposed and is banned by the the club for life.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...or-wearing-crystal-palace-shirt-a3248146.html

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

The vast majority of Albion fans and the vast majority of Palace fans can just have a rivalry based on casual mickey taking and that is fine. People who cross the boundary into actual abuse and violence are clearly immature or have emotional problems, particularly if they pick on the vulnerable.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Hopefully now the tabloids are running the story, the culprit will be identified and shamed.
Total scumbag.

Hopefully now the tabloids are running the story, the culprit will be identified and shamed.
Total scumbag.

Can only agree with this.

WTF is wrong with some people?

And without wanting to try and detract from this, it should be pointed out that two other Brighton fans stepped in.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Can only agree with this.

WTF is wrong with some people?

And without wanting to try and detract from this, it should be pointed out that two other Brighton fans stepped in.

You're right, some Brighton fans did step in and help Dan.
You always get idiots at all clubs, but this is on another level.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I thought it was reported that the police had someone. Was that just twitter rubbish or did they bungle and get the wrong person at first ?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I thought it was reported that the police had someone. Was that just twitter rubbish or did they bungle and get the wrong person at first ?

It was reported the transport police talked to the person, but they need more witnesses to come forward, hence the story getting more publicity.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Total scumbag.

But tabloids love to sensationalise things. Chelsea fans on the Paris Metro and the Manchester United coach smashed up as two examples. The attack on the Crystal Palace fan was terrible but as others have said, let the police deal with it.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
You always get idiots at all clubs, but this is on another level.
Do you really believe Palace are exempt? Idiots at all clubs doesn't cover it. ****wits at all clubs does. We have them, you have them and most clubs have them. Vile excuses for human beings. But that is societal. Trying to point score on this is poor as we have all been around long enough to recount stories of Palace/Millwall/West Ham/Portsmouth etc. fans doing equally vile things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here