Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Barton going to Rangers?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I wonder what he's going to sound like when he starts talking in a fake Scottish accent. Even more of a wanker.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Excellent news. He'll no doubt put his foot in it over religion and have his knee-caps shot out.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Oh I really hope this happens! The sooner he is out of English footy the better. Whether or not we go up this season/next, I've really had my fill of him, his thuggish ways, his hair, and his overbearing sense of entitlement and "being right".

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not good enough for the Prem so Monkey Tennis suits him perfectly. His twitter feed will also be a car crash in waiting (again).

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If he goes to Rangers I reckon a minimum of 4 red cards in the season, plus several press conferences to say sorry under club orders for tweets about the other half of Glasgow

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I understand there is a problem with him signing the contract, as when he tried pen to paper he put Wee Jock Mcplop as his name :)

Captain Yala

May 14, 2016
As a Burnley fan I had to sign up to post on this thread. I thought the same as you lot about Barton until he came here. He's the main reason we won this league - no sending off (no thuggish behaviour this season despite one post above), an inspiration to the younger players, a motivator and has been a rock in midfield.

However I do agree it is time for him to move - his style is not good enough for the Premier League. Despite the positives of what he has done for our promotion he has altered our style of play. We must have been the most boring club to watch this season, some games making me wonder why I still go. We ground out our promotion.

Hope you get some luck on Monday - you can't surely get the bad luck of last week, but I'm certain you can still win it. If not then perhaps we can swap Dyche for Hughto, who I rate - to get some entertainment back at the Turf and promotion for you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here