Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Game on for Monday

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
We know it's game on for Monday, we're not stupid enough to think otherwise. (Most of us).

How do you assess the other night, emotions aside? Have to say I'm thrilled with the result as you'd expect but also felt that we'd need some sort of buffer anyway to take to the AMEX. I know the whole injury situation was a bit of a farce, what is it looking like for Monday?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
5-0 to us.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Hopefully we have enough fit players to make 11. Looks like the 4 injuries last night are all out add Stephens and that is 5 first choice missing. A whisker away from autos and now this.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We know it's game on for Monday, we're not stupid enough to think otherwise. (Most of us).

How do you assess the other night, emotions aside? Have to say I'm thrilled with the result as you'd expect but also felt that we'd need some sort of buffer anyway to take to the AMEX. I know the whole injury situation was a bit of a farce, what is it looking like for Monday?

Awful. To be honest, whilst I think we'll struggle (as per our pre match discussion), to actually 'only' lose 2-0 with 10 men and crippling injuries, feels like a moral victory to me.

I would have thought you'd have gone at us more to finish us off. As to our team, well bring your boots Carlos you may even get the nod!

Next goal is the winner [emoji6]

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
Awful. To be honest, whilst I think we'll struggle (as per our pre match discussion), to actually 'only' lose 2-0 with 10 men and crippling injuries, feels like a moral victory to me.

I would have thought you'd have gone at us more to finish us off. As to our team, well bring your boots Carlos you may even get the nod!

Next goal is the winner [emoji6]

We're not really a team that is capable of 'filing our boots' if you like. Neutrals and maybe also yourselves have said that we should've scored more under the circumstances but you have to give credit to the team for staying resolute and putting men behind the ball trying to stay in the tie. Ultimately we weren't capable of breaking beyond that.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
If we beat you by enough, it will be our greatest ever performance. We have lost so many vital players that our team will resemble one that is picked for a League Cup game against Hartlepool.

I am not optimistic.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
You should've put the tie to bed last night imo. I'd be pretty peed off if it was the other way round and we only won 2-0. But these injuries are HUGE injuries for us. The tie is far from over as you let us off the hook AND the ten men battled hard to keep it down to just 2 goals. There's still a slim chance but it is just that, slim. 2-1 Wednesday sadly for me.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
You will go through simply because we have loss to many key players. We have the better team and manager. as proved by the final table. Enjoy the final because i don't think you will progress further.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Our players have a great team spirit. It has been an emotional season losing ground staff in the Shoreham air crash and generally having terrible luck at every turn but it has unified us in to close knit group. We may or may not do it, but the effort will be evident.

You're not there yet Wednesday fans.

:)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The thread starter comes across as level headed and a genuine fan in the posts that I have seen from him. Personally I think that we are already done for and will quite possibly get beat again. Last night was a fiasco too far in my opinion, to recover from the misfortune of the 4 injuries, all to key players, and the incompetence of the Boro ref would be nothing short of a miracle. I live more in hope than expectation.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

You were the best team last night, even before the injuries,but surprised you put us under so little pressure in last half hour.

Injuries and suspension are a worry, although we can put out a decent first XI. Not sure there's a lot to worry about off the bench though.

If we get the first goal it will be exciting, but it's yours to throw away.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Was an interesting game. You played well last night, although we had a couple of early half chances. Changes disrupted a lot for us and to lose 4 key players in a space of about 30 playing minutes is a massive blow. The Wallace goal was at a great time for you as well just on halftime. When we went down to 10 i thought anything over 2 and it would defiantly be game over. I can not see us scoring more than 2 in the 90 minutes mainly due to a lot of missing players. One thing I can say is we will have a dam good go. This team hasn't given up on anything all season and even missing 5 starters I can not see them giving up on this. Hopefully the game it self we be a cracking spectacle no matter what happens

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Our season has been ****ed since Dale Stephens was sent off. Expect a game effort on Monday but I think it'll be 1-1 or summat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here