Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All the pressure on Sheff Wednesday on Monday night

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I'm actually quite optimistic about Monday looking at the quality of players we can bring in to our team.

Yes we are 2-0 down but surely all the weight of expectation is now off us and on the Sheffield Wednesday players to defend that lead. Just watching Sky this morning (no team that has won first leg 2-0 has failed to through to a Championship play off final they pointed out) and looking at the media in general, everyone now expects Wednesday to go through.

I hope our players feel they have absolutely nothing to lose now and set up to attack Wednesday from the off. If we play to our strengths and without fear, we stand a good chance of clawing this back.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Can you find a way into the dressing room monday please

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Chris Waddle said last night Sheff Wed should have put the tie to bed,they haven't and if Brighton score first Monday night anything can happen

Diablo

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
All the pressure on Sheff Wednesday on Monday night ??......Hardly, we need to score at least three goals if they score none...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Absolutely nothing to lose is there. Just as well go out with a roar. We might not make it but I'm expecting our players and fans to leave nothing in the locker room.

Passion, aggression and direct running straight from the first whistle, we can win this on set pieces if we run at them.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
All the pressure on Sheff Wednesday on Monday night ??......Hardly, we need to score at least three goals if they score none...

I'd take two and penalties right now.

Uphill task for us, certainly, but Sheffield Wednesday should have killed us off and they didn't. We've got to fill the Amex up and get behind the team for for the duration.

A lot funnier things have happened than us turning this round.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
It doesn't have to be early, but a first half goal by us will unsettle them. The key to Monday is the crowd...they must stay with the team. Need big players on Monday. Rosenior a must. Wilson needs to show what the fuss is about him. Lua lua needs to feature. Plus we need lady luck on our side and a homer ref.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
It is surprising that a two goal deficit has never been overturned in play offs. It is only a statistic not a law so with home advantage and despite the injuries is it impossible to change this on Monday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
What matters most is that we don't let in an early goal - that would deflate any atmosphere. Wednesday know this, they will try and attack at the start.

We do have a chance, but things are mostly against us.

Diablo

Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I'd take two and penalties right now.

Uphill task for us, certainly, but Sheffield Wednesday should have killed us off and they didn't. We've got to fill the Amex up and get behind the team for for the duration.

A lot funnier things have happened than us turning this round.

Absolutely...but saying all the pressure is on Sheffield Monday is ridiculous.....An early Brighton Goal would certaily pressure them !!! A bit of Luck,eleven players,No red cards(for Brighton) and we`ve a fighting chance.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
We lost 4 of our starting line up, went down to 10 men and still Wednesday only managed to put one more past us. Considering they were at home that's not at all disheartening.
I'm hoping Wednesday set up more defensively on Monday; they look very dangerous when attacking but vulnerable at the back.
What's going to win it for us, however, is CH being a shrewd tactician.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It is surprising that a two goal deficit has never been overturned in play offs. It is only a statistic not a law so with home advantage and despite the injuries is it impossible to change this on Monday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But a 2 goal deficit HAS been overturned in the playoffs. Palace did it in 89. The reason Sky are saying it hasn't been done is that the Premier League hadn't started then, so those stats don't count*

* of course they ****ing count

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
But a 2 goal deficit HAS been overturned in the playoffs. Palace did it in 89. The reason Sky are saying it hasn't been done is that the Premier League hadn't started then, so those stats don't count*

* of course they ****ing count

Ok. Of course that happened before football was invented! Time it happened again.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Chris Waddle said last night Sheff Wed should have put the tie to bed,they haven't and if Brighton score first Monday night anything can happen

Exactly this - they should have finished us off when our neck was on the block last night. Thy easily could have won 3 or 4 -0 . I think they missed their chance and we are now back in it. That said anyone who can walk should be taking penalties all day long today and tomorrow!

Brovion

Jul 6, 2003
I'm actually quite optimistic about Monday looking at the quality of players we can bring in to our team.

Yes we are 2-0 down but surely all the weight of expectation is now off us and on the Sheffield Wednesday players to defend that lead. Just watching Sky this morning (no team that has won first leg 2-0 has failed to through to a Championship play off final they pointed out) and looking at the media in general, everyone now expects Wednesday to go through.

I hope our players feel they have absolutely nothing to lose now and set up to attack Wednesday from the off. If we play to our strengths and without fear, we stand a good chance of clawing this back.

I admire the sentiment but I don't quite agree with your argument. ALL the pressure is on us to score, we HAVE to get THREE goals to win (or two and a penatly shootout win) - and that's assuming Wednesday don't score again! And the longer we go without scoring the more the pressure will build. Wednesday are expected to go through, but make no mistake, the pressure is on us to score

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here