Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains on Monday- waaaaah! [Update: full match day service]

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
We have been advised by Southern Rail that due to staff shortages, they expect severe disruption on Monday evening to their regular services, and that they are unable to provide their usual matchday service.

Southern will be attempting to run their timetabled service, but we have been warned to expect cancellations. Therefore we are advising fans, wherever possible to seek alternative modes of transport, as listed below.

Additionally, due to the possibility of the match going to extra time, and to penalties, the match may finish later than usual. Fans are advised that after 10.30pm Southern Rail will ONLY be running their usual timetabled operation. So please plan for this eventuality, and be patient if queuing at Falmer Station at the end of the match.

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/arrive-early-for-big-game-3112835.aspx#SM68o9IxvlVYHXR3.99

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
If it goes to EXTRA time and IF we were to win a penalty shoot out, I would suggest that everyone would probably march back in to town, singing the Great Escape all the way, stopping at every pub, and not really care about the shower that is SR.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
That's a full ground out of the question then. Anybody else want to kick the club in the teeth when it's down. Hope the club withhold payment.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Unreal. Utter wankers.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I said this a few days ago. I would be amazed if Southern run even their normal weekday service let alone a match day service given the state of affairs at the moment. If at all possible I'd strongly recommend finding an alternative way of getting home at least.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I said this a few days ago. I would be amazed if Southern run even their normal weekday service let alone a match day service given the state of affairs at the moment. If at all possible I'd strongly recommend finding an alternative way of getting home at least.

I said they wouldn't be able to run anything extra especially a delayed service as who are they going to crew it with ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Delays before the game and I hope there's a riot. Useless twats

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Also been told that trains from Falmer going east after 10 are terminating at Lewes, so those of us going to Eastbourne and beyond are well shafted.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
We have been advised by Southern Rail that due to staff shortages, they expect severe disruption on Monday evening to their regular services, and that they are unable to provide their usual matchday service.

Southern will be attempting to run their timetabled service, but we have been warned to expect cancellations. Therefore we are advising fans, wherever possible to seek alternative modes of transport, as listed below.

Additionally, due to the possibility of the match going to extra time, and to penalties, the match may finish later than usual. Fans are advised that after 10.30pm Southern Rail will ONLY be running their usual timetabled operation. So please plan for this eventuality, and be patient if queuing at Falmer Station at the end of the match.

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/arrive-early-for-big-game-3112835.aspx#SM68o9IxvlVYHXR3.99

One of the great euphemisms of our time.

What they mean is 'due to staff non-existence'.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
It is completely unacceptable that Southern Trains are unable to provide a usual match day service, which, let's face it, isn't good enough to begin with. There's already been a week to organise this, and it'll be 9 days between the Boro match and Sheff Weds game, which is more than enough time to sort things out. Southern Trains is a poor company with a terrible attitude towards its customers and in my opinion its contract to provide train services in the region should be terminated at the earliest opportunity.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ah well, weather forecast is dry for Monday. Think I'll be walking back into town rather than have anything to do with that shitty scrum for a three carriage shoebox at Falmer station. It was bad enough after the Boro beamback, Christ knows what it'll be like with a full house and Southern lowering the bar as only they can.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here