Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Other than injuries last night was not too bad

Chuggy12

Aug 3, 2015
Shoreham beach
At the end of the game the players and the fans belief and passion was incredible.
If I am honest I would much rather have the players fighting for 90 minutes to get 2 goals, rather than winning 1-0 last night and holding on playing defensive for 90 minutes. Being down to 10 men for roughly 40 minutes they should take more of an advantage on their home soil, 2 goals I definitely think we can turn around considering our last 3 home games we have scored 10 goals. To be down to 10 men with nearly half the game and only lose 2-0 away at a full hillsborough with their loud fans I think is a good result to come away with. Let's get behind the team at the Amex and I believe we can do this.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
At the end of the game the players and the fans belief and passion was incredible.
If I am honest I would much rather have the players fighting for 90 minutes to get 2 goals, rather than winning 1-0 last night and holding on playing defensive for 90 minutes. Being down to 10 men for roughly 40 minutes they should take more of an advantage on their home soil, 2 goals I definitely think we can turn around considering our last 3 home games we have scored 10 goals. To be down to 10 men with nearly half the game and only lose 2-0 away at a full hillsborough with their loud fans I think is a good result to come away with. Let's get behind the team at the Amex and I believe we can do this.

If you are honest, I think you would probably have preferred it if we'd have won 1-0.

Chuggy12

Aug 3, 2015
Shoreham beach
Then have hughton and the team park the bus for 90 minutes with the likes of hooper and forestieri attacking at our defence for 90 minutes instead we will be going for it now and they will be hanging on the 90 minutes

scooter1

How soon is now?
Even before the injuries took their toll we looked a little out of sorts. Sidwell didn't look mobile at all, but then maybe we have just expected solidity from the midfield pairing of Kayal and Stephens.
2 nil is something we can come back from, 3 would have been a step too far IMHO. The boys did great in hanging on, but as long as I live I'd prefer never to see a Bruno and Greer as a central defensive partnership. We are once again down to the bare bones and will need every bit of help we can get on Monday night.
Zamora is injured, but how injured? We've not needed him for the last couple of months, but we do now. Can he be patched up, or given a jab to get through a game(or make the bench)? It's not uncommon these days for this to happen.
Not only do the players need to turn up on Monday, but the fans do too!

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Even before the injuries took their toll we looked a little out of sorts. Sidwell didn't look mobile at all, but then maybe we have just expected solidity from the midfield pairing of Kayal and Stephens.
2 nil is something we can come back from, 3 would have been a step too far IMHO. The boys did great in hanging on, but as long as I live I'd prefer never to see a Bruno and Greer as a central defensive partnership. We are once again down to the bare bones and will need every bit of help we can get on Monday night.
Zamora is injured, but how injured? We've not needed him for the last couple of months, but we do now. Can he be patched up, or given a jab to get through a game(or make the bench)? It's not uncommon these days for this to happen.

Zero chance of Zamora he was already being patched up to play the games he did beyond repair now and will retire in the summer.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes, we were decent. Shwed should have torn us another one after the second sub, but they didn't, even though they tried. We kept our composure and heads did not drop. Shwed will probably park the bus at the Amex. But even if they go for it, the story will be different on Monday. I'm feeling optimistic. And if we don't make it, we go again next season.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Is that fact? Is there absolutely no chance at all of him being involved?

It's what I heard from someone who is usually very reliable that we have been patching him up and he has been playing through pain but now he can't even do that. Retirement is my guess from what I heard as think the hip injury has finally caught up with him. Would love him to stay with the club in some capacity

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

Let me digest that for a second.......

Errrr nope. Would much rather have won 1-0

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
It's what I heard from someone who is usually very reliable that we have been patching him up and he has been playing through pain but now he can't even do that. Retirement is my guess from what I heard as think the hip injury has finally caught up with him. Would love him to stay with the club in some capacity

Massive shame, he'd have been great to have on the bench. I'm sure the club can find something for him, he'd make a great ambassador for us.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Sidwell was already strapped up from the start of the game, so it wasn't surprising he wasn't mobile. He tried to play and couldn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here