Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we one of the unluckiest clubs out there?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Miss out on promotion with a record high points total for 3rd in the Championship, on goal difference. 2-3 of our games against the top 2 had dubious refereeing decisions go against us (depending on whether you include the Burnley 'penalty' against Dunk), 4 of our players get injured in our play off first leg forcing us to play for most of the second half with 10 men. Looking increasingly likely we won't make it to Wembley AGAIN despite making the playoffs 3 of the last 4 seasons. Looking at our track record someone will probably come in and poach Hughton, Kayal, Goldson etc and we'll have to start again :nono:

Last edited:

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
we definetly are unlucky that's for sure haven't even slept last night thinking about how desperately unlucky we have been but cant worry about what players we may lose next season just yet we haven't lost this tie yet just a 2 goal win will do I will back stockers in a pen shoot out our luck must change at some point luck generally runs in cycles lets hope our changes right now and dunk will be available for Monday so glimmer of light there keep believing!!!

el punal

Let's put a realistic, but a positive, twist to this. This season has been phenomenal, from the start when we were expected to be mid-table finishers or worse, we have scaled unbelievable heights. So if the worst happens on Monday night and we fail to make the play-off final we will come back bigger and stronger next season.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Not sure injuries are entirely bad luck, perhaps inadequate preparation/training contributes. Burnley had very few....

Also remember we won 18 games by a single goal; there must be a degree of good fortune in that.

But, yes, right now you have to wonder what we have done to deserve 6 players out injured and one for incorrect decision.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
It iis what it is. there must have been something wrong on prep on the day to have all of these imjuries. Barber OUT

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
We weren't unlucky whilst we were playing poorly in the first halves of the games against Derby, Boro and Wednesday. We were just not playing to our potential.

Let's just go out on Monday and make our own luck!

Come on Albion!

Sent from my iPhone using blancmange

golden

May 3, 2016
Miss out on promotion with a record high points total for 3rd in the Championship, on goal difference. 2-3 of our games against the top 2 had dubious refereeing decisions go against us (depending on whether you include the Burnley 'penalty' against Dunk), 4 of our players get injured in our play off first leg forcing us to play for most of the second half with 10 men. Looking increasingly likely we won't make it to Wembley AGAIN despite making the playoffs 3 of the last 4 seasons. Looking at our track record someone will probably come in and poach Hughton, Kayal, Goldson etc and we'll have to start again :nono:

Nothing at all due to bad luck .Its about preparation, players and will to win

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
One irony was that we had a good ref last night. If only we'd had a proper ref rather than a goon in the crucial games against Burnley and Boro. And the media dislike us because their former boyfriends now live in Brighton.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Nothing at all due to bad luck .Its about preparation, players and will to win
I'm not sure how it's down to preparation?

Hemed has played 43 games this season, Knockheart twisted his ankle running for a ball, Goldson has not been injured before for us, and Sidwell has been OK since he's been fully fit. I think it is down to bad luck.

rothergull

Worthing ex pat
Jan 25, 2008
rotherham
We weren't unlucky whilst we were playing poorly in the first halves of the games against Derby, Boro and Wednesday. We were just not playing to our potential.

Let's just go out on Monday and make our own luck!

Come on Albion!

I agree,I think the writing was on the wall when we were so poor against Derby and lost the chance of only needing a draw at Boro.All teams have bad decisions against them but its how you react to them,fight or sulk,we seem to do the latter.What ever happens Monday its been an epic season for us and I as I have done for 50+ years will be back next season for another thrilling ride! ... I just love my club! :albion2::albion2::albion2:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I agree,I think the writing was on the wall when we were so poor against Derby and lost the chance of only needing a draw at Boro.All teams have bad decisions against them but its how you react to them,fight or sulk,we seem to do the latter.What ever happens Monday its been an epic season for us and I as I have done for 50+ years will be back next season for another thrilling ride! ... I just love my club! :albion2::albion2::albion2:

That's the attitude.

I don't think the players are sulking. I think they just need to rediscover that rhythm.

They will. We have a great team. Whichever league we are in, as you say, they will make this 'thrilling'.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I don't think we're unlucky when I walk over the bridge at Falmer Station.

I think we're unlucky when we lose and amazing when we win.

You make your own luck in life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here