Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FOUR injuries in one game

Jimmy Grimble

Has it ever happened in an Albion game before? Honestly never seen anything like it. Four NON-CONTACT injuries to the spine of our team and then our best player in a play off semi final. There is a genuinely a curse on us.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
We did something different somehwere. There is no way those injuries, other than perhaps Knocky where a coincidence

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Can never recall it happening before..

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I recall us losing 3 to injuries in an auto windscreens match against Palace in the very early 90's. Nothing like last night though

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
We have played 3 games against top6 teams in 12 days after a long season.
The team have gone down to10 men in all 3 games.
Every player has given everything in every game.

It is exceptionally unusual, but I can see the contributing factors clearly.
What is absolutely amazing, is that Bruno is not one of the injured players..

Last edited:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I don't wanna start any blasphemous rumours,
But I think that God's got a sick sense of humour,
And when I die, I expect to find him laughing.:rock::tantrum::shootself

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
We did something different somehwere. There is no way those injuries, other than perhaps Knocky where a coincidence

Yep, we busted our gut trying to get a winner against Boro with 10 men. We've been severely punished for challenging until the last day whereas Wednesday have been rewarded for finishing 15 points behind us. It's a cruel world we live in.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Yep, we busted our gut trying to get a winner against Boro with 10 men. We've been severely punished for challenging until the last day whereas Wednesday have been rewarded for finishing 15 points behind us. It's a cruel world we live in.

Yes maybe, although no difference for goldson and sidwell played only 30 mins. Could be taking a toll, but then so have many other seasons.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Yes maybe, although no difference for goldson and sidwell played only 30 mins. Could be taking a toll, but then so have many other seasons.

Goldson played at the back on his own for much of the second half against boro, sidwell is agéd and just got unlucky. Knocky twisted his ankle which you can't mitigate for. Hemed 100% through burnout

Commander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 28, 2004
London
I wonder whether in all the excitement of the play-offs, we completely forgot to warm up?

Maybe the coach arrived late and the players had to get changed on it and run straight out on to the pitch?

Neither of those scenarios are as unlikely as us losing FOUR players to off the ball injuries after an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Indeed. I wondered if maybe they'd spent too long sitting on a coach without enough recovery time afterwards.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I wonder whether in all the excitement of the play-offs, we completely forgot to warm up?

Maybe the coach arrived late and the players had to get changed on it and run straight out on to the pitch?

Neither of those scenarios are as unlikely as us losing FOUR players to off the ball injuries after an hour.

yep

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
Apr 5, 2014
I don't wanna start any blasphemous rumours,
But I think that God's got a sick sense of humour,
And when I die, I expect to find him laughing.:rock::tantrum::shootself

In a Palace shirt...

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Anyone see Bruno gingerly holding his wrist afterwards? Hope it's not fractured....

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I remember a game against Reading at Withdean in which Mayo, Hinshelwood and McCammon all went off injured.

I remember Trolley being wheeled off on the SJA trolley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here