Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Show the world what kind of team we are!

Tonight broke my heart. It's not just the defeat, or the injuries, or the 2 goal deficit. It's about not showing why we deserve our league position, and not showing the world what a great club we are, and why we all love it so much.
Allot of my mates all support Premier clubs (even though most of them were born nowhere near the clubs they support). So many of them say how much they would love to come to Brighton for an away game, and that they'd like to see us in the premier league.
I keep saying how great we are, how much we've improved, and that we are destined for the premier league. But after watching us on the telly, they always say, i thought you guys were better than that, and I find it so frustrating that we never play well on the telly.
I want everyone to see us play the lovely football we watch week in, week out. I want them to see the passion that our players and fans show, come rain or shine. I just want them to see the Brighton that I see, and it kills me that they don't.
On Monday, I hope we manage to put out a decent side, show the world what we are made of and come back from two goals down to win this thing, and make us all proud.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Tonight broke my heart. It's not just the defeat, or the injuries, or the 2 goal deficit. It's about not showing why we deserve our league position, and not showing the world what a great club we are, and why we all love it so much.
Allot of my mates all support Premier clubs (even though most of them were born nowhere near the clubs they support). So many of them say how much they would love to come to Brighton for an away game, and that they'd like to see us in the premier league.
I keep saying how great we are, how much we've improved, and that we are destined for the premier league. But after watching us on the telly, they always say, i thought you guys were better than that, and I find it so frustrating that we never play well on the telly.
I want everyone to see us play the lovely football we watch week in, week out. I want them to see the passion that our players and fans show, come rain or shine. I just want them to see the Brighton that I see, and it kills me that they don't.
On Monday, I hope we manage to put out a decent side, show the world what we are made of and come back from two goals down to win this thing, and make us all proud.

Yeh, let's see how our reserves do. They will have my full support anyway.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Allot of my mates all support Premier clubs (even though most of them were born nowhere near the clubs they support). So many of them say how much they would love to come to Brighton for an away game, and that they'd like to see us in the premier league. I keep saying how great we are, how much we've improved, and that we are destined for the premier league. But after watching us on the telly, they always say, i thought you guys were better than that, and I find it so frustrating that we never play well on the telly

I'm not sure why you would want to impress them. For me, the impressive thing is you support your local club when your mates support clubs because of their position on the scale, or because their second cousin twice removed went to a game in 1958, or because they liked the colours of the strip when they were 5 yo, or my personal and frequent favourite 'I've supported them for ages'. **** them honestly, we'll get there.

I'm not sure why you would want to impress them. For me, the impressive thing is you support your local club when your mates support clubs because of their position on the scale, or because their second cousin twice removed went to a game in 1958, or because they liked the colours of the strip when they were 5 yo, or my personal and frequent favourite 'I've supported them for ages'. **** them honestly, we'll get there.

I don't know if it's about impressing them so much, as wanting us to play well when we are on the telly. We very nearly gained automatic promotion this year (and deservedly so), but the when ever we are on the telly, we don't play anywhere near as good as when we are not. I expect that is because they only put the better match ups on the telly, so our opponents are always playing well too. But for once it would be nice for us to just bring our A game and thrash the f..kers live on the telly.

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea

I'm with you on this!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here