Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bottle 2

birthofanorange

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I said it, regretted it, took it back and thought positively, but it came back and bit me - again.
I know it's not our lack of bottle (I think?), but it invariably turns out like this. I'm no pessimist, although having supported Brighton for the best part of 50 years, I could see this happening.
To be truthful, I can't see the point of getting promoted if we still worry about teams like SW, Derby, Boro et al. As has been said a thousand times, our record against the top teams in the Championship has been poor to say the least.
I shall still be rooting for us on Monday (as I did tonight), but I can't help feeling that it's game over, much as I wish otherwise.
And yes, the injuries were unfortunate...but there is ALWAYS something. It's what we do. Always.
That said, I'll always love the club...just wish I had more to cheer.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Bournemouth tore this division a new one when they breezed out of it. You do sometimes have to ask yourself wtf where BHA are concerned.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I said it, regretted it, took it back and thought positively, but it came back and bit me - again.
I know it's not our lack of bottle (I think?), but it invariably turns out like this. I'm no pessimist, although having supported Brighton for the best part of 50 years, I could see this happening.
To be truthful, I can't see the point of getting promoted if we still worry about teams like SW, Derby, Boro et al. As has been said a thousand times, our record against the top teams in the Championship has been poor to say the least.
I shall still be rooting for us on Monday (as I did tonight), but I can't help feeling that it's game over, much as I wish otherwise.
And yes, the injuries were unfortunate...but there is ALWAYS something. It's what we do. Always.

Dude, cheer up we have plenty to cheer.

We have come so far from the edge of oblivion, we have a wonderful new home & training facility. We have a manager who installs respect throughout the football world, and we can be proud of our chairman Mr Boom other teams would kill for an owner that lives and breaths our club, that even travels with the fans. We have fans that are passionate like yourself that live and die for the club, that helped save this club. We have a squad we can be proud of that has far exceeded our expections for this season. Yes luck is not going our way.... Think about it for a minute... Your proud, I'm proud we are all proud of this team... We are just hurting... It's not over fella... I have followed for 40 years and 30 on foot, you have seen worse and better, but it's been good this season no matter what, it has been good....

We have overcome bigger obstacles than a 2-0 half time result....

Together....

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Bournemouth tore this division a new one when they breezed out of it. You do sometimes have to ask yourself wtf where BHA are concerned.

I seem to recall Bournemouth had little to no injury concerns all season.
Injuries have stopped us from being automatically promoted... There is no WTF question to be answered.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
We have lost two games against teams who finished in the top six this year. One against 'Boro (ended the game with eight players out) and tonight (ended the game with eight players out). How did the rest of the top six get on when they played their three games in a row against other top six sides with 10 men for a third of each match?

birthofanorange

Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit

We have come so far from the edge of oblivion, we have a wonderful new home & training facility. We have a manager who installs respect throughout the football world, and we can be proud of our chairman Mr Boom other teams would kill for an owner that lives and breaths our club, that even travels with the fans. We have fans that are passionate like yourself that live and die for the club, that helped save this club. We have a squad we can be proud of that has far exceeded our expections for this season. Yes luck is not going our way.... Think about it for a minute... Your proud, I'm proud we are all proud of this team... We are just hurting... It's not over fella... I have followed for 40 years and 30 on foot, you have seen worse and better, but it's been good this season no matter what, it has been good....

Together....

Thank you...seriously. It's been far, far worse than this.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Whatever happens Monday this season has been fantastic. The margins between success and "failure" are so small. We have everything to play for - Wednesday didn't kill the tie off. I can see Lua Lua and Murphy turning them inside out. And if we don't do it we will dust ourselves down, recharge our batteries and come back stronger and wiser.

Together....

Brilliantly said. We can all play out part and try to give our lads the best support we can. It only takes one goal from us, and it's game on. We have nothing to lose now.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bottle ?

I think calling "bottle" into it, after that team has given everything all season long and just had a HORRIFIC run of luck in terms of injuries and decisions in this crucial final furlong is, quite frankly, cockjuggling wankyness of the highest order.

What I would respectfully suggest, [MENTION=21262]birthofanorange[/MENTION], is for you to take this thread, print it out in colour, roll it up tight, bend over a table, and shove it right up your arse.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Bottle ?

I think calling "bottle" into it, after that team has given everything all season long and just had a HORRIFIC run of luck in terms of injuries and decisions in this crucial final furlong is, quite frankly, cockjuggling wankyness of the highest order.

What I would respectfully suggest, [MENTION=21262]birthofanorange[/MENTION], is for you to take this thread, print it out in colour, roll it up tight, bend over a table, and shove it right up your arse.

:lolol::bowdown:

birthofanorange

Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Bottle ?

I think calling "bottle" into it, after that team has given everything all season long and just had a HORRIFIC run of luck in terms of injuries and decisions in this crucial final furling is, quite frankly, cockjuggling wankyness of the highest order.

'Bottle 2' is a reference to a thread I posted the other day....'Bottle' (if you need help).
If you read it properly, you would see that I don't really mean that we bottled anything. If it would help, I'll insert whatever you like up there, if it gives us a chance to come back from this.
(Why colour, btw? Curious.)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

post #10
http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?338459-We-re-done
living in a box, living in a cardboard box :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
'Bottle 2' is a reference to a thread I posted the other day....'Bottle' (if you need help).
If you read it properly, you would see that I don't really mean that we bottled anything. If it would help, I'll insert whatever you like up there, if it gives us a chance to come back from this.
(Why colour, btw? Curious.)

Apologies I'm afraid I do not subscribe to your mailing list, so your previous thread about 'bottle' on here completely passed me by. But just bringing the word 'bottle' into the context of a team that had lost 2 away games all season, 5 overall, did seem to jar somewhat.

I suggested colour ink in the hope that it would bring a brief but vivid streak of vibrancy to your rusty sherrifs badge, as it sounds like you could do with a bit of cheering up. As could we all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here