Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jiří Skalák

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Can't wait for him to break the back of the net and doink me on the head with the ball in row E - up the Albion!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Posted exactly this before.

But....

Tonight's volley. Ok a foot to high, but what technique. This boy can play.
I'm developing a bit of a man crush on the ugly ****er. punk:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Posted exactly this before.

But....

Tonight's volley. Ok a foot to high, but what technique. This boy can play.
I'm developing a bit of a man crush on the ugly ****er. punk:

Had it gone in that would have topped his previous goal of the season.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wish he had played on Saturday,

Just don't see it - average free kick and volley in row Z, contrast that with how SW players had Stockdale working all the time from distance. At least he's not losing the ball cheaply as much as he did in his first few games though

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Just don't see it - average free kick and volley in row Z, contrast that with how SW players had Stockdale working all the time from distance. At least he's not losing the ball cheaply as much as he did in his first few games though

Currently, he's there primarily for his crosses, surely?

When you don't have dunk, goldson, hemed on the pitch that may lessen his effectiveness...

Currently, he's there primarily for his crosses, surely?

When you don't have dunk, goldson, hemed on the pitch that may lessen his effectiveness...

Yes he puts crosses in, some very good, but by their nature they are 50/50 balls that favour defenders. Just prefer us to have wingers who get behind defences and make the odds less good for the defenders. We have two of those in LuaLua and Murphy even with the sledgehammer blow of losing Knocky, let's use them. We have much less class in the strikers, maybe Skalak can do something there

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Yes he puts crosses in, some very good, but by their nature they are 50/50 balls that favour defenders. Just prefer us to have wingers who get behind defences and make the odds less good for the defenders. We have two of those in LuaLua and Murphy even with the sledgehammer blow of losing Knocky, let's use them. We have much less class in the strikers, maybe Skalak can do something there

You don't like him and have made that quite clear in the past. Tonight he did well.,

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
If only he could take on and go round players. May be I have not seen enough of him yet, but not sure of I rate him that highly. I will pay more attention to him on Monday.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I wish he had played on Saturday,

Me too. Even if he's not playing all that well, if he gets a chance to cross/we get a corner/free kick, you feel something will happen.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
His corners are inch perfect. Hemed almost scored from one. Maybe with Dunk back, we can rattle Wednesday, as I heard, on the commentary, they are susceptible to set pieces.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Yes he puts crosses in, some very good, but by their nature they are 50/50 balls that favour defenders.

I disagree. By their nature they create very good chances for us. The 50/50 balls you speak of come from the crosses of other players. Skalak doesn't hoof it and hope, his crossing is a skill we are lucky to have.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
If only he could take on and go round players. May be I have not seen enough of him yet, but not sure of I rate him that highly. I will pay more attention to him on Monday.

If he could do that he would not be playing in the championship.i like him and think he will get better and better

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here