Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luck....... It evens out over a season.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Does it ****!

I seem to remember a thread at the beginning of the season ( after Bolton possibly?). Where someone said they were going to track "luck" for and against us throughout the season.. I'd be interested to know what the current swing is.

Anyone remember this or am I misremembering?

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
I looked through the fixtures the other day and the amount of shit decisions ect massively out weighs the lucky ones

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
The current swing is that we've been ****ed over by a ref that hates us, we've been ****ed over by a scouts ref that loves the limelight. And we've been ****ed over by injures that were out of the blue. We're doomed to a life in the 2nd division. It's never going to happen.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
Our players seem to get injured with a breeze against them. Burnley on the other hand seem to be made of steel on their promotions.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Our players seem to get injured with a breeze against them. Burnley on the other hand seem to be made of steel on their promotions.

Been thinking the same. Much as I dislike Dyche and his tactics, he has spine in his teams. Is it really down entirely to bad luck that we have had so many injuries this season?

kelownaseagull

Sep 13, 2003
BC Canada
Been thinking the same. Much as I dislike Dyche and his tactics, he has spine in his teams. Is it really down entirely to bad luck that we have had so many injuries this season?

Didn't they mention something about the pitch last year (perhaps earlier). It differed from the training pitches and was creating problems with injuries. No sure if any of it could be related. Weird though, had the same thought!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If luck evened itself out over time I'd be shagging Scarlett Johansson up the Gary right now instead of writing nonsense on here.
Do you not want to see her face?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There's more than one way to skin a cat.
Indeed there is, but if I had one chance with Scarlett I'd want to be constantly reminded that it really was her, and preferably not wincing.

Shippers

Jan 12, 2016
surely 4 players off injured would mean 4 red cards for Wednesday?

Seriously I can't believe what we have seen and none of the injuries were from tackles/contact. if I didn't know better it would seem like the team went out cold.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
No it doesn't you lazy cliche despensor! Loads stuff written on this matter and far from it!

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool

I don't think we have had more than our share of injuries. We just had a series of injuries to defenders in early December that had a big role in a bad run -and then there was tonight! VERY bad luck!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
It's an old and rather inaccurate cliche.

You only need compare the stability of other starting 11's to ours to know it's bollocks, before even going into the details of the games.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
surely 4 players off injured would mean 4 red cards for Wednesday?

Seriously I can't believe what we have seen and none of the injuries were from tackles/contact. if I didn't know better it would seem like the team went out cold.

1 knocky was a twisted ankle unlucky

2 sidwell looked like his leg was strapped up before hand anyway do probably not really fit in first place

3 hemed hamstring

4 goldson not sure looked like a thigh strain

Not sure wot to make of it really still can't get over what I watched , incredible gods against us

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here