Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Room 101 - "We go again"

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
In the midst of my impotent despair a thought occurs. Time and time and bloody time again we see the phrase "we go again" used in the wake of a match's conclusion. Can we are stop it? I could be wrong but as far as I can remember the phrase was popularised when Gerard called his players into a huddle after a big win on their way to a title push. And what happened to that push? They spectacularly imploded shortly afterwards. As far as I can tell "we go again" is the prelude to everything going tits up.

So stop it.

Yeah, I'm grumpy. Can you blame me?

See you Monday. Let's do this*

*which is still allowed

Biancazzurro

Aug 9, 2011
Hassocks
In the midst of my impotent despair a thought occurs. Time and time and bloody time again we see the phrase "we go again" used in the wake of a match's conclusion. Can we are stop it? I could be wrong but as far as I can remember the phrase was popularised when Gerard called his players into a huddle after a big win on their way to a title push. And what happened to that push? They spectacularly imploded shortly afterwards. As far as I can tell "we go again" is the prelude to everything going tits up.

So stop it.

Yeah, I'm grumpy. Can you blame me?

See you Monday. Let's do this*

*which is still allowed
I completely agree and have been thinking the same. It is such a stupid phrase. I was with wondering if it was a translation of a phrase that might have more history somewhere abroad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here