Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Room 101 - "We go again"

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
In the midst of my impotent despair a thought occurs. Time and time and bloody time again we see the phrase "we go again" used in the wake of a match's conclusion. Can we are stop it? I could be wrong but as far as I can remember the phrase was popularised when Gerard called his players into a huddle after a big win on their way to a title push. And what happened to that push? They spectacularly imploded shortly afterwards. As far as I can tell "we go again" is the prelude to everything going tits up.

So stop it.

Yeah, I'm grumpy. Can you blame me?

See you Monday. Let's do this*

*which is still allowed

Biancazzurro

Aug 9, 2011
Hassocks
In the midst of my impotent despair a thought occurs. Time and time and bloody time again we see the phrase "we go again" used in the wake of a match's conclusion. Can we are stop it? I could be wrong but as far as I can remember the phrase was popularised when Gerard called his players into a huddle after a big win on their way to a title push. And what happened to that push? They spectacularly imploded shortly afterwards. As far as I can tell "we go again" is the prelude to everything going tits up.

So stop it.

Yeah, I'm grumpy. Can you blame me?

See you Monday. Let's do this*

*which is still allowed
I completely agree and have been thinking the same. It is such a stupid phrase. I was with wondering if it was a translation of a phrase that might have more history somewhere abroad.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here