Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Christian Walton

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
i feel sorry for the guy as he looks to be stagnating , now having lost his place in the England set up . I hope he gets the oppotunity at some point in the near future to be involved with the first team squad or i can see the club letting him go .

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
IF we go up he'll be a valuable 3rd choice gk who is young enough not to count towards membership of the PL 25 man squad.

This means we could get away with only using 2 places in the 25 for goalkeepers.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
i feel sorry for the guy as he looks to be stagnating , now having lost his place in the England set up . I hope he gets the oppotunity at some point in the near future to be involved with the first team squad or i can see the club letting him go .

I'm not sure we should be giving games or opportunity to players that do not deserve it. Stockdale is by far our #1 based on experience and quality. Walton needs to earn that opportunity.

I know he had an awful loan spell at Rochdale, but what other spells has he had this year and how did he do?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I'm not sure we should be giving games or opportunity to players that do not deserve it. Stockdale is by far our #1 based on experience and quality. Walton needs to earn that opportunity.

I know he had an awful loan spell at Rochdale, but what other spells has he had this year and how did he do?

Not talking about giving game , more being involved with first team

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

He went to his home town of Plymouth, but didn't do that well.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Tricky career goalkeeping. I seem to remember people getting twitchy on here when it was rumoured that Everton were interested in nicking John Sullivan from us.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Surprised he wasn't loaned to Portsmouth this week with them not having a fit first team goalkeeper for the play-off games. They instead went for a goalkeeper from Bournemouth.

Surprised he wasn't loaned to Portsmouth this week with them not having a fit first team goalkeeper for the play-off games. They instead went for a goalkeeper from Bournemouth.

Ho ho. You'll be suggesting next that Palace deal with their defensive difficulties by borrowing Kerry Mayo for the Cup Final.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Loans this season were to Bury and Plymouth.
At Bury he bombed out, started making mistakes and the fans turned against him which destroyed his confidence. Officially his season long loan was ended because of injury but in reality it was a face-saver.
The loan to Plymouth was always short term while their first choice was injured. He did okay but certainly didn't excel.
Other than that he has played for the DS where reports suggest his form has been a little patchy.
I get the feeling that after last season he expected/hoped to be second choice and the signing of Maenpaa knocked his confidence.
Walton is very young for a keeper. He has a long contract I believe so the next couple of years will be important in building his confidence and self belief more than his ability/technique. One loan that works and he'll be flying

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The goalkeeper position is a strange one. Steve Harper rarely played in his career and even Maenpaa seems to be a waste of good talent.

I seem to remember Steele and Moseley playing alternate games at one point. I could be wrong though.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I seem to remember Steele and Moseley playing alternate games at one point. I could be wrong though.

Not quite, although they did pretty much share the job in 78/79 (Steele 25 and Moseley 17, I think). Shilton and Clemence were doing alternate matches for England around that time though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here