Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bold starting line up by naylor

skintmanblues

Feb 7, 2004
Orsham
Andy Naylor has put in the argus today what he thinks will be the starting line up interesting,
1.stockdale
2,bruno
3 bong
4.greer
5 goldson
6kayal
7sidwell
8hemed
9.knocky
10 rosenior
11 lualua what do you all think.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
daily_gifdump_576_11.gif

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Would be great to see Bong and Lua Lua link up on the left like at the start of the season but they would have to click again instantly for it to be effective.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Andy Naylor has put in the argus today what he thinks will be the starting line up interesting,
1.stockdale
2,bruno
3 bong
4.greer
5 goldson
6kayal
7sidwell
8hemed
9.knocky
10 rosenior

Hope not. The numbers are all wrong - we'll get fined, and thrown out of the league.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Wouldn't surprise me

Need to make sure we keep it tight and bring it back to the Amex to win it.

Sidwell is happier in a midfield 3 but will we change the whole system just to accommodate him ? I'd be disappointed if we go 4-5-1 for the home leg and possible final as 4-4-2 has got us to where we are.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I said at the Derby match that I think Kaz will still have an influence on the season. I think Skalak may well be saved for the second leg when we have big Dunky back.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Would be surprised with that to be honest. I think we'll see Skalak play for sure, and can't see Rosenior being moved out of the back four

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I think its unlikely too, that Baldock will NOT play. He has an important defensive role in the away leg, for me.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
1.stockdale
2,bruno
3 bong
4.greer
5 goldson
6kayal
7sidwell
8hemed
9.knocky
10 rosenior

When I started the song for Bong thread I was thinking this was a possibility.

Thing is that only Hughton really knows what sidwell 's capabilities are for tonight. He does perform better in a midfield three but to have no Baldock is a gamble as he does a good defensive job. The benefit of 3 in the middle is it will help nullify forestieri

If bong does start then I can see the logic of lualua given how explosive they were at the start of the season.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Interesting lineup.

I'd like to see Murphy in the starting 11, but Hughton will also have an eye on keeping players fresh for a potential 120 minutes on Monday.

Dec 29, 2011
Interesting lineup.

I'd like to see Murphy in the starting 11, but Hughton will also have an eye on keeping players fresh for a potential 120 minutes on Monday.

I don't think we'll see murphy, I think there's a very strong possibility of seeing both Rosenior and bong down the left, or Rosenior CM with lualua on the left.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I said at the Derby match that I think Kaz will still have an influence on the season. I think Skalak may well be saved for the second leg when we have big Dunky back.

But does Dunk come straight back in? While happy to freshen up the wide players and forwards CH makes very few changes to the defence unless forced to by injury or suspension

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The idea of throwing bong and Lua Lua into the starting 11 of a major semi final with so few minutes of the pitch of late is madness. With Greer and Sidwell already stepping in with limited game time I am sure Hughton will go with the tried and tested regulars

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Jiri for Lua Lua.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I would not start Kaz. He hasn't shown anything in his recent appearances. I thought we missed Skalak on saturday, I'd like to see him back although I would understand it if Murphy retained his place.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
That's a line up from 6 months ago. We have moved on.

Why have 2 players who have hardly played recently on the left hand side of the pitch?
Why move our current left back when we have yet to lose when he starts there? (I think that is correct).
Why break up Hemed and Baldock when we have not lost a game that they have started?

I think he wants us to lose.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Counter attacking is going to be the order of the day tonight. Sheff Wed at home so expected to get a result or at least attack. Hughton probably would be satisfied with a draw but setting up in a counter attacking manner means we can nick one or two then sit back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here